45

ROOSTER

ROOSTER

The next 3 days was stress full for me cause I was being honored and I didn't know how to act. I was happy and scared at the same time but my family was excited for me, my girl was too. I tried to work on my paintings for my classes and the gala keep my mind at ease. It worked for a little while till the day of the event I was dressed to the nine. Shit I look good as fuck.

I was seated at the table with my family at the table next to me I was holding Rayna. I was so nervous, a few times Rayna touched my face giving me a kiss or holding my nose, she got a thing about noses.

"Relax you'll be fine" Monica said across the table to me. I looked at her and nodded.

"This next award of honors go to very talented young man who I feel is beyond his years. When he came around for the first time I looked at him he was about 17 or 18 my daughter was so happy telling me he was an artist and all I just saw was a thug that was dating my daughter. So I didn't wanna give him a chance, he was standing there looking at me, after I noticed my death stare wasn't working so I gave him a chance. I knew he wasn't going to be as good but when he started to paint. I was in awe me and my workers stood there and watched him, he didn't say anything he worked for hours and when he was done, it was one of the most remarkable things any of us had ever seen." Roger said

I felt my mom squeeze my hand "I watch him work and work I still didn't like him dating my daughter" everyone laughed. "Since that day Raymond has become an invaluable and beloved member of the Tresvant family. During that time, by some estimates, he has painted over 10,000 portraits and made us over $25,000 per painting. He has helped organize fundraising events, assisted at teaching troubled youths how to paint and got Southview business set up on social media. And he's done all this without ever being paid a dime." I felt Rayna touch my face trying to grab the tear that had fallen, under my shades. "Raymond is passionate and compassionate, determined and soft-hearted. He has boundless energy, is quick to laugh and, as all of us here know, is completely obsessed with gummy bears tell him gummy bears will be there for him and he'll come running"

Everyone laughed cause it was true a nigga will work for gummy bears. "I remember one day when he was painting, I came talked to him about him painting he looked at the wall and looked at me with so much passion in his eyes he said I dream my painting and I paint my dream. The only time I feel alive is when I'm painting. Right then I knew this man will be something to mess with that I was going to back him 1010% I can't wait till he graduates college the bossiness that are already lined up waiting for him. Countless people who he helped owe him their thanks and we here at Southview owe him even more. Ladies and gentleman, the Southview SPCA's company likes to honor Raymond Brown!" everyone started clapping I stood up so did everyone else clapping for me. I hugged my mom dad and kissed Jackie handing Rayna over to her right after kissing Rayna and I kissed Rima. I went walking up on the stage and hugged Roger, he then handed me the award. I walked to the mic and looked at the award smiled then I looked at the sea of people who was still clapping for me.