6

JACKIE

JACKIE

We were all packed up and ready to go, I was rechecking the stuff making sure we didn't forget anything. I was looking over the things when I looked to my right and saw Raymond staring at me smiling.

"What?" I asked he moved to me and hugged me tight.

"Nothing just besides Rima so glad you're the other woman in my life and I love you that's all" he said right there I wanted to cry but I kept it together no tears.

"Your sweet I love you too, now get in the car we got a 2 hour and 36 min drive ahead of us" I said pushing him to the front seat.

"Wait yall almost left without us. I told Roos we was riding with yall" Sal said running to the car putting the stuff in the back kissing my cheek getting in the backseat. Mark walked up and sat his stuff inside and stood there looking at me.

"Hi Mama" Mark said I just shook my head

"I am not your mother get in before we leave without you" I said he smiled and kissed my cheek going getting in.

The drive to Lake Geneva was a crazy one it felt like I had a bunch of kids in my car. Cause they sang kid bop songs ate junk food, had to stop to use the bathroom and they even fought till the point where I told them I was going to turn this car around and go right home. That made them stop and laughs but they stopped. After the 3 hour and half drive counting the stops we got here in 5 hours. We pulled up to the house

Once we all was out they brought the stuff in and Rima went running around the house giggling touching everything like she normally do. Raymond was chasing her laughing. I went to put the stuff up in the kitchen while they went to their rooms. I just knew it was going to be a great time here.

 I just knew it was going to be a great time here

ROOSTER

The next 2 days here was pretty good I love coming here now but I hated it when I was younger, my aunt and uncle had a place out here and I hated it. Right now I was walking outside in my own little thoughts thinking to myself about when I was little and the shit I went through.

I was abused by my uncle. The first thing I remember happening is when I was 5 years old he use to rub my legs and tell me that my legs were too hairy. He would touch me in weird ways and then he started to want to take my pants off and do stuff.

If he wasn't doing that he was beating the shit out of me every other night? I remember spitting up blood in the fucking bathroom because he broke my rib. Or him locking me in a closet all day with no food or water? He did that quite a few times.

My aunt didn't help she watched sometimes joined in. My cousins tried to do what they could to help but they soon didn't care. I walked around outside more and stopped, sat on the ground. I remember when my uncle pulled a fucking gun on me when I was ten! A scared ten year old, crying and about to piss myself because I thought he was going to kill me. I don't know why he did me like this, I did nothing wrong.

I couldn't handle the way I was treated at home so I ran away when I was 13. Sometimes I'd sleep in empty buildings in the city where there were other kids, or couch hop at different people's houses. I hung out with older guys and stayed with different guys for protection or for somewhere to sleep because I had almost no money. Sometimes I went back home but it was too hard being there and my uncle and Aunt was openly rude to me, like he'd say 'Oh the lying bitch is here is he?'

I tried to go to school but I drifted away from my friends and I got into using drugs, which made it harder to keep up with school. I was angry all the time and even the slightest thing would set me off yelling or walking away from people. It felt like nothing made sense, I hated myself and I didn't know if anyone really cared about me. Once I 'OD-ed' in the city and someone called an ambulance and I went to hospital. They called uncle and aunt they were upset, but when I was back at home things was worst.

At fifteen I was sent into a foster care family. At first I used to yell at my foster parents or refuse to speak to them for days. But I think I was just turning my anger on them and I was kind of jealous that their family was so normal. It took me a while to get used to a totally new family life. But my foster parents are nice, their kids are older and don't live at home. They help me with school work, buy me things, and I could invite friends over when I want. In some ways they act like they are my parents and they really do care about me, but they still make sure I still saw my aunt and uncle who tried to turn my foster parents against me. Once they saw I was happy they messed up that happiness by having me move back home with them.

I got up and walked some more down the street, I walked for about 45 or 50 minutes till I stopped and was standing in front of their lake house. I hate this fucking house.. They treated me like the help and when I wasn't forced to do house work, I was being beat, punished. I looked around and didn't see anyone so I picked up a few rocks and threw them at the house breaking a few windows. I stood there watching the house till I felt someone was there with me.

"I knew you would be here" a voice said I turned around and saw it was Devin he's Jackie's son.

"Devin" I said walking to him dapping him.

"You gotta stop coming here; sooner or later someone will see you and know it's been you breaking the windows. Come on my lil niece is looking for you" he said and we went walking back towards the house. We didn't say anything to each other on the walk back but he knew I had deep seeded issues about that house. But he never pushed me to tell him. Once inside the house I picked up Rima, and then made a V line right upstairs to my room where I closed and locked the door and sat on the floor and held her tight.

 Once inside the house I picked up Rima, and then made a V line right upstairs to my room where I closed and locked the door and sat on the floor and held her tight

KATT

I was waiting to see Rooster he always had something crazy to say or do. When he walked in he didn't say anything just picked up Rima and went upstairs. I looked around and went upstairs behind him; I was getting ready to knock on the door but stopped when I heard crying. I sat down on the floor next to the door and leaned my head against the door.

I hated when he was like this locked away like this, that's one of the reason why I hate it when we came here and he was alone he would go off alone then come back different for a little while. I waited right there for him to stop crying before I would offer to get Rima from him and let him sulk till he was ready to talk to us.