21

ROOSTER

ROOSTER

I reached down and lightly, barely touching her at all, ran the side of my index finger over her forehead and underneath the few strands of lost hair that hung over her face, sweeping them to the other side of her head and watched them fall lazily to the side she was laying on. She didn't stir in the least, so I unraveled the balled up washcloth from the palm of my hand and folded it in half before lowering it onto her forehead and guiding it across her head and down onto her cheek. Moving the blankets down her body, I ran the cool cloth over her neck and down to her chest, as low as I was allowed, before meeting with her shirt. Her eyes fluttered, alerting me that she was slowly waking from sleep. To be sure not to rush into anything, I kept the same pace and moved it slowly from where I had left off and back up to her forehead. I pressed the material to her head firmly, sending a small amount of cold water that had been squeezed from the cloth to meet with her skin.

She lazily lifted one eyelid and after a brief moment of sleepy eyes refocusing and making out objects in the darkness that filled the room, gave a small smile and stretched before sitting up in the bed.

"What time is it?" She asked, looking beside her to the alarm clock before waiting for me to reply.

"It's late how you feel." I said as I took the cool washcloth from her forehead and set it on the nightstand beside the bed.

She rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms out once more before letting out a yawn and letting herself fall backwards into the bed, she finally looked at me like noticing I guess that I was here.

"You're here? Your home early?" she said pulling me down to her hugging and kissing me. "Come to bed"

"Well I actually hadn't planned on going to bed for a little bit. We should do something together, I missed you."

"I missed you, too. However, it's the middle of the night and I'm exhausted and feel sick. Besides, what would you suggest we do at 4:30 in the morning?"

"I have an idea." I said matter-of-factly and uncovered her body completely, lowering the blankets to the bottom of the bed. She remained on the bed, dressed in one of my T-shirts and a pair of panties, still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and trying to wake up against her body's will.

I leaned down and scooped her up in my arms. She immediately swung her arms around my neck, skittishness consuming her body from the sudden, rapid movement from the bed and into the arms of mine.

"What are you doing? Put me down. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, you'll see." I said walking out of the room still holding her as her arms clasped around my neck. By the time we had made it halfway to the living room she noticed flickering lights bouncing off the walls, giving faint light to the otherwise pitch-dark room. She tried craning her neck around in order to get glimpses of the rest of the living room that was coming more and more into view with every step, but to no avail. I carried her right over to the center of the living room floor where I had set up the bare minimum of my plan, as to not give too much away by first glance.

I set her down, her feet touching upon the floor and her eyes immediately widening, trying to take in everything she could, in case she had someone missed something.

"What is all of this?" She asked, looking up at me.

I smiled, lowering myself to my knees beside the large sheet of white paper. Looking up at her, I patted the empty space of floor directly in front of me, motioning for her to join me.

As she sat in front of me, my arms immediately lunged forward and grabbed hold of the cotton fabric clothing her body. I lifted the bottom of the shirt upwards until she raised her arms in the air and I could easily slip the material off of her. I spread my legs around her and put my feet in her lap as I lowered my head to gently kiss on the crevice between her neck and shoulder. She gave a light moan as my hands caressed her shoulders and began to rub the tense knots from them as the candlelight laying at all four corners of the paper bounced off of them, onto the walls, and back.

"So what is all of this for?" She asked.

"Shh. You don't want to ruin it."

She looked up at me and smiled and returned her head forward, enjoying every gentle touch, stroke, and rub I was applying to her body. I worked at relaxing her entire body with my hands and laying quick kisses along where my hands had been. When I was sure she felt completely at ease, I got up and walked over to the bag that was still lying in the center of the paper.

"We have red." I said, lifting a jar of fire engine red paint out of the bag and opened the container before setting it down in front of me as her face contorted into a look of wonder and confusion as she watched my every move. "Yellow," I went on. "Green and purple. Then of course we'll be sure to get other colors by mixing those." I looked over to her, but the same bewildered look was on her face.

"We're going to paint? Right now?" She asked.

"You'll see." Smiling, I grabbed the four thick tossed the bag in the other room, out of our way. "Stand up." I walked over to her, took both of her hands in mine and helped her up off the floor. "Stand here, right in the center."

She complied, although a bit haltingly. While standing directly in front of me, I leaned down and tugged on her panties, freeing them from her waist until We eventually fell to the ground. I kicked them off and out of the room along with the underwear I had been wearing.

Before lifting anything from the paper, I got as close as I could to her and lifted her chin so he could look into her eyes. She smiled and not being able to help myself, I leaned my head down and pressed my lips against hers. I caressed her cheek and let my hand lie behind her neck, which I supported as she leaned up to kiss me.

When our kiss broke, I leaned down and picked up a paintbrush and dipped the bristles in our entirety into the red paint.

"You look amazing in red, you know." I said with a smile as I brought the brush up to her and traced her right breast down, under, and back up again leaving a smear of bright red paint.

She shivered as the cold paint touched her flesh. Immediate chills shot through her and she looked up into my vibrant blue eyes and smiled broadly.

I handed her a brush, but she scoffed and walked over to the jar of green paint. She dipped all of her fingers into the silky, wet liquid one by one. I approached her and she left five little fingerprints on my chest. I dropped the brush I was holding onto the paper under them and did the same she had done in the yellow paint and picked the jar up with my other hand and poured a small amount onto my hand and brought my hand down in one fell swoop to her ass, which clenched with the impact, and was left with a large yellow print on the left cheek.

We started laughing giddily, which turned into uncontrollably, as we began to make a mess of the paint as it started to spot the paper surrounding us and landing in a rainbow of colors all over our bodies.