23

JADA

JADA

THE NEXT WEEK

After we got out the car Rooster took my hand as we walked into the daycare together. Even tho she had a small part and was doing all together with other kids Rooster was still super happy. Rooster was that type of dad where he invited everyone to see the program. I knew his friends was going to show up Jackie was here early cause she said she wanted a good seat. She wanted to make sure she saw her grand-baby. As the program went on it was so cute and so long but so funny these kids are so cute tho, Rooster was so happy he yelled out.

"That's my Daughter, right there" he yelled as him and Tony, Mark stood up clapping making other parents laugh. Us woman just laughed Jackie told them if they did it again she was going to get them. When the program was over, all of us rushed over to Rima and told her how wonderful she was. As the parents started to meet with the different teachers about how their child was performing in school, I was standing there holding his hand when I felt him squeeze it tight and his breathing picked up, I looked at his face and saw he was looking at something, I followed where he was looking and saw what made him upset, Tianza and Shannon was standing towards the back talking to each other, then she looked at us and if looks could kill I would be dead, then she started to walk towards us, LORD PLEASE don't let her start no drama here in front of these kids.

"Rooster" I said

"It's cool, it's cool" he said as she got to us.

"Hey Rima you was so good" Tianza said and Rima smiled she leaned down more and kissed her forehead. And stood straight up and looked at me then at Rooster.

"I speak to you out in the hallway please for a few minutes" Tianza said

"I don't wanna argue with you here" he said

"I'm not going too, just real quick" Tianza said

"Fine, I'll be right back" he said looking at me and my stomach was flip flopping, I felt like I was going to puke right here. "You okay?"

"Yea go ahead, I'm going to go sit down" I said as he walked off and Tianza followed him. I went and sat down and Tami came to me.

"How you feeling? Have you told him yet?" Tami asked

"No not yet" I said I took a few deep breaths as Sal walked over to us.

"What's wrong you good?" Sal asked

"Yea I got the flu" I said

"Yea Rooster told me" Sal said

"Oh yea?" I asked

"Yea the 9 month flu it's been going around" Sal said and I looked at Tami who shook her head.

"You told him?" I asked

"No you just did" Tami said I looked at Sal who was smiling.

"Congratulation" Sal said hugging me. "I need to tell Tony, shit where's Rooster at tell this nigga off for not saying nothing" before I could stop him he walked off.

"Tami oh God" I said. After we all left the daycare Jackie took Rima with her, Rooster told her he wanted her home with him. But she pulled the grandmother card then pouted so did Rima and he lost. We all hit up a club and had fun, I spent most of my time sitting there, but once we was all clubbed out we was in the parking lot talking. Ivy had showed up and was happy to party in the VIP section like a wild woman. I was standing next to Ivy, Tami, Katt and Fran we was all talking when Sal came over talking to us too.

I was about to say something when I was picked up off the ground by arms around my stomach and I was spun around twice I closed my eyes hopping I didn't throw up when he stopped. He did putting me back down. I felt it come up and I ran to the side of a car throwing up, Tami came to me, pulling my hair back.

"Nigga why you do that?" Sal asked

"What I was just playing with her, I didn't know she had that much to drink" he said, I stood up spitting. Ivy handed me some gum.

"What you know she didn't drink, see that why you leave pregnant woman at home, you should next time" Sal said I looked at Sal who was laughing but stopped when he saw mine and Tami's face. Sal looked at Rooster who looked at him then at me. "Oh shit you didn't know"

"No..." he said walking to me looking me dead in my eyes. Shit this wasn't going to be good, either I'm scared shitless or this baby is doing back fucking flips!! It was like he was walking to me in slow motion I mean I knew he wouldn't hit me but I didn't know what he was going to do from there tho. I just wanna fast forward to next month to just know how all this turned out.

"Jada" he said as he took me by the arm and walked us to the far side of the parking lot. "You're pregnant?"

"Yes" I said

"How far along are you?" he asked

"9 weeks" I said

"Hmmm how long did you know? Was that when you went to the doctor?" he asked his voice was real calm.

"No I went before then" I said he nodded. I saw him touch his eyes I looked to the right of me and they all were staring at us.