12 • KILL OR BE KILLED

Lord Foltest was chubby man, had a pretty face, too pretty face. He was under forty, Maegor thought. Foltest was sitting on a dwarf-armchair carved from black wood, his legs stretched out toward the hearth, where two dogs were warming themselves.

Next to him on a chest sat an older, powerfully built man with a beard. Behind the him stood another man, richly dressed and with a proud look on his face. A magnate.

When his double doors open and he saw the King of the Seven Kingdoms walk in, Foltest fell flat to the ground before Maegor's feet.

Baelish was afraid, if the King kills Foltest that's the end of House Castellan. But Maegor only said. "I'll spear you, but you will face your sins alone I'm afraid." his tone was stern as he walked past the chubby man's body to map of Westeros hunged on the wall.

After the moment's silence which fell after, Foltest stood up and lowered his head. "It's an honour to have you in the South Your Grace."

Maegor turns around staring at the Lord with derision. "Baelish already told me the details."

Foltest raised his head, looking the king in the eyes. “Yes. Your Grace” Foltest turned his eyes away.

"He says the spell cast on the girl can be reversed.”

“I have known that for a long time Your Grace. But." Foltest swallows. "I know that your speciality is to kill, rather than to reverse spells. This isn't an option but I'd like my daughter to be alive, I wouldn't want a strand of one hair to fall from her head." He pleads shamelessly.

Maegor narrowed his gaze. "Your head should be on a spike for the innocents your daughter has killed. Both your heads on a the block rampants of my Red Keep." he infused fear into Foltest.

The chubby man began to sweat profusely

"You left the Castellan palace and it's domains and ran, you refused to come to court, you disobeyed the crown and you disobeyed me." Maegor enunciated, his red orbs slit emitting the depths of hell.

Foltest scrambled to the ground. "Forgive me Your Grace, have mercy, have mercy." he shivered. "It- it was never my intention...."

Peytr Baelish, Lord Ostrit and Lord Segelen all held their tongues.

Maegor crouched before Foltest and whistled to his bull dogs as they wiggled their tales approaching him, he smirks. "Ever imagined what a pleasing sight it would be to feed your carcasses to your dogs, just as your daughter tear the common folks from limb to limb?".

Foltest doesn't utter a word, he lowered his head as the bull dogs saliva were dripping before his trembling head, one inch apart.

"Cruelty won't solve the matter, but tenacity will. But I'd like to be sure you know what you've done is treason?"

Foltest bops continuously.

“Good. That shows you have some wisdom.” Maegor taps his shoulder. "Rise." he commands.

Foltest stood up and held the King's gaze silently.

"Bring me the ledger of your estates." Maegor tells him sternly as he bows out of the room as the guards close the doors behind their Lord.

The King used that to get Foltest out of his sight to have a conversation with the bearded man, the advisor and the magnate. "Take a seat at the table. All of you."

Baelish and a magnate Ostrit, and Lord Segelin who had been standing all the while, immediately sat at the table while the King stood with arms folded across his chest.

Peytr Baelish finished the lord's half-full cup, peered into the jug and cursed. Ostrit, who took a chair adjacent Foltest seat, scowled at the Baelish while he stroked the carved armrests. Maegor observed the magnate and smirked.