45 • THE ROYAL WEDDING

The soon to be Queen started her day with prayers.

"Alyrie Florent" Alicent lights a candle in her room, as she prayed to the Steven Gods to guide her path as he begins this new journey, shield her from evil eyes of men, expose her enemies lurking in the Red Keep, bless her womb with offsprings of the King, and also forgive her for losing her virginity before her wedding night.

By the time she said her last prayer, her candle went out in a hiss and immediately the seven bells tolled loudly throughout the city of Kings Landing, from the seven gates surrounding the walls of the Great Sept itself. The whole capital was in jubilation, for today their king will tie the knot.

It is said that a bride’s wedding day is a special moment she’ll cherish for the rest of her life. It’s a day of love, joy, and celebration as she ties the knot with the person she loves most. She is like a precious jewel, sparkling with beauty and radiance. Her wedding day is a tribute to her beauty and the love she shares with her partner.

The High Septon was already summoned from Old Town to officiate the wedding, necessary arrangements had been made for the past seven days, from feasts to tourneys and other festivals to celebrate the soon to be couple.

Lord paramounts, lord vassals, ladies, high and low and many dignitaires where still pouring in from the corners of the realm.

Otto, though stoic, could not resist but finally accept Alicent as the bride, the Hand apologize and settled his differences with his daughter even though it'll take time does them to bond. The Hand is happy to see House Hightower in close proximity with the royal family, whereas Charlotte keeps loathing her sister with dread, wishing her bad luck.

Dawn, the hand maidens assigned to the former Queen Mellario were now in service to Lady Alicent Hightower. The doors were open and handmaids, servants sauntered into her rooms with exhilaration to prepare their new Queen.

Alicent was bathe in steaming hot water, her body was scrubbed thoroughly, her nails trimmed and polished, her hair washed and steamed until it was dry and moisturized.

Lead behind a divan, wrapped in a shawl, her skin was dried up, and creamed in scented oil and she was worn her undergarments.

Coming out to go sit before the dressing mirror, her skin was gently dabbed with her favorite scent of vanilla with a sweet hint fragrance of rose and oud, under the scent of soft floras. It was dabbed behind her ear, her elbows, behind her knees, every areas that needed to be touched.

Soon the doors were opened again Tayla, arrived with the seamstress along with her wedding dress. Alicent was excited to see it. By the time it was revealed, it took her breath away.

Elated the handmaids helped her fit into her wedding gown, hand made with lace, a satin long sleeves wedding ball gown in trumpet silhouette, with all over floral embroidery with white pearls appliqués, along with jewels of tear drop diamonds, little dragon wings were stitched into shoulders, making a V shape on her chest, unto her the bodice of her belly, subtle tiny dragons in white lace where stitched unto the gown as well, then her aurburn hair was piled up and pinned atop in the Southern updo inlaid with an ornate golden diadem

The soon to be bride stared at her reflection in the mirror, her dream was now a reality. New shoes were brought to her and she chose a cream heel ballet flat slipper of soft grey doeskin that hugged her feet like lovers yet easy for her to slip off her soles.

On her neck, rested the necklace, inlaid with rubies and emerald, along with the small emblem of Seven Pointed Star was gifted to her by her father Otto, a mémento of her late mother, then her ears were hung pearl earrings, her wrist pearl bangles.