Ch 41 - Family

KRITIKA POV

Slowly those four people lifted the palanquin and proceeded on their way.

Everything of mine was being left behind, but was it ever mine?

With this question, I was moving ahead, forgetting my old life.

I don't know when morning turned to evening, how so much happened in one day, have I come so far that I can't go back?

I removed the curtain of the palanquin and asked -" How much more time will it take to reach there?"

Queen, Tomorrow evening we will reach there, now the flood is over, so we can go that way. But yes, it may take some more time because it is not completely finished.

Fine -" I said and closed the curtains"

I don't know how I will live there, I don't know a single person there. If anyone gets suspicious there will be trouble.
But Rupa has told me everything in detail, perhaps I have recognized them easily.

Then that person said that -" Queen can we stay here? We are all very tired and you also need to rest

Sure -" I said And got down from the palanquin."

Immediately everyone started setting up tents there and the women started cooking, but I stopped near a river and bent down to drink water.

As soon as I drank that water, it was very bitter, I could not swallow it.

Bitter water was never found in the palace, but everything is different here. -" I said and tears started started falling   I started missing my home where I could do whatever I wanted, the water and food there was all clean, I had freedom, I used to go out whenever I felt like it, I used to hang out with my friends but here I am completely alone.

I want to go home but how -" I thought and remembered that if I want to go to the present, I will have to die here.

I can't kill myself now, I don't have the courage to kill myself.

I then wiped my tears and went to the tent where they were all sitting comfortably, doing their work, Some people were helping women and some were resting.

They saw me and got up

You guys sit comfortably, there is no need to get up -" I said"

The food is ready queen. Should I serve you in your room? -" one of them asked"

No, I want to sit and eat with you. -" I said and they were all shocked."

But you can't eat with us .

You don't need to worry and I feel like eating with you all today.-" I said and sat down"

There was some nervousness and a little happiness on there face.

They made a place for me to sit and serve the food. The food was very good and I finished the entire plate. The only thing missing was Arya, it would have been great if he was also here.

I don't know why people say that love is a very beautiful feeling, but I have always been deceived. everything is wrong .

And with this in mind, we all finished our meal and set out on the road again.

Cold wind started blowing, so I removed the curtain from the palanquin and started calming my mind.

Then a maid said -" Queen your health will deteriorate if you stay in cold air like this.

Ye thandi hawa bas tabiyat hi kharab nahi karti, sath hi sath man bhi shant kar deti hai

This cold wind not only spoils health but also calms my mind. -" I said"