Nick's Phone Call

Juno's POV:

It has been eight years since my first mission, since the first time I turned into a Werewolf - Witch Hybrid. Last year I turned into a Tribrid, the only one of my kind. Every year I will have to watch those I love die around me, but I came to terms with that when I learned how much of a constant struggle life would be. I was with Aunt Marie when she received her cancer diagnosis, she let me take her to the finest facilities and medical centers I could find, it's not like she could over power me and say no.

She was in remission, and with my magic she had her hair back. We had been planning on visiting Nick, it had been three years since the last time we had visited. During her hospital stays and rehabilitation, I placed cloaking spells on us, preventing Wesen from identifying us. I was driving us into Portland, Aunt Marie was reading in the trailer. I had pre-rented a fancy apartment and found a car lot where I could cloak the trailer and make a quick getaway. Aunt Marie and I were making ourselves comfortable in our rooms when I got a call from Nick.

"Hey Nick, what's up?" I asked. "I think I might be going crazy. I was out buying a ring when I saw this woman's face change horribly." He told me. I sat up, fighting the urge to rush to him immediately. "You know it's generally considered rude to call people after seeing someone you perceive as ugly.  And to think that you are crazy because you thought less of her appearance after a second glance." I joked trying to ease the tension. "Ha ha. No, you don't know what I saw." He replied. "Listen Nick, you either need some sleep or you need some coffee. I love you brother, I gotta go." I told him ending the call.

I got out of bed walking to Aunt Marie's door, knocking and waiting for a response before entering. "Aunt Marie, Nick saw a Wesen today. We need to see him sooner rather than later." I told her. I waved my hand over her body, placing a one-time protection spell that would prevent her from dying. If she dies I'll have to reapply the spell. She stood up, grabbing her jacket and keys. "Let's go wait at his house and see Juliet." She replied as we walked out of the apartment to the elevator.

I could hear someone behind us, what better way to identify your neighbors than startling them. I put sunglasses on, preventing him from seeing my eyes. As Aunt Marie pushed the button I pretended to trip, bumping into the person behind me. The man jumped back woging, startled and revealing his Zauberbiest nature. He quickly regained his control, "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." He said, fixing his coat. "I pulled off my glasses looking up at the tall, handsome man. 

"No, it's my fault. I am just the clumsiest person alive. It's nice to meet you, I'm Hope and this is my Aunt Amelia. We just moved in." I said offering my hand. I'm not giving a Zauberbiest our actual names, just like I didn't give the Hotel our real I.D's. "It's nice to meet you both, I'm Police Captain Sean Renard of the North Precinct." He replied shaking my hand smiling. We all went down the elevator making polite small talk before going our separate ways.

When we got in the car Aunt Marie turned to me. "What did you see?" She asked. "He is a Zauberbiest, it makes sense that he would be a Police Captain seeing as how they crave status and power." I answered as she started driving. "This place is messier than I thought it was." Aunt Marie said, shaking her head. "We need to stop at the trailer, grab some books, the key, some weapons." I listed off. She nodded, putting a detour into the maps. It was about a five minute drive from the apartment building.

I had her stay in the car while I sped back and forth from the car to the trailer bringing everything we needed for an introduction to the real world. We quickly drove off down to Juliet's house. Arriving just as she got home, "Marie! Juno! It's so good to see you! Did Nick know that you were coming?" She asked inviting us inside. "No it was a surprise trip, I missed my brother." I told her sitting at the counter. "Yes and I missed my nephew." Aunt Marie said. "Can I get you something to drink?" Juliet asked, moving about the kitchen.

"Knowing Juno, she'll have a Diet Coke and I'll have coffee please." Aunt Marie said, smirking at me and my drink of choice. "Coming up." Juliet said, grabbing two cups and preparing our drinks. "Gosh, how long has it been since you've both been here?" She asked. "About three years. We couldn't travel for a while." I answered, looking at Aunt Marie. "Yes, my Cancer and recovery was rather tedious." She Aunt Marie said putting cream in her coffee.

4 hours later

I had been helping Juliet make dinner when Nick came home. I could hear how fast his heart was beating as he crept about the house. Calling out Juliet's name. He came in seeing Aunt Marie cutting tomatoes at the table. "Aunt Marie! When did you get here?" He asked walking taking his coat off. "Hey, they were here when I got home." Juliet said, making Nick turn to see both her and me in the kitchen. "Juno! What the hell? I called you today why didn't you say you were in town?" He asked, amusement in his voice.

"Just wanted to surprise you." I told him. "Sorry for the short notice." Aunt Marie said smiling. "They were telling some pretty funny stories about when you were younger." Juliet said smirking. "Dead frog in the microwave?" He asked looking my way. "Among others." Juliet answered. "Come and give me a hug. We need to talk." I whispered to Nick, giving him a hug. He pulled back, looking in my eyes.

After Juliet went to bed I went to the car pulling out all the books, the weapons and the key. I knew that Aunt Marie would be explaining his new truth to him. "I was shopping on my break earlier today when I saw this blonde woman, her face changed it looked like it had dead, rotten flesh on it. Her teeth and muscle revealed on her face, that's why I called it was frightening." Nick said, turning to me. I pulled out the Hexenbiest book, flipping through the pages until the images appeared. "Is this what you saw?" I asked.

"This is all real isn't it?" He asked in response. "Yes, Nick. It's real and I've been seeing it for a lot longer. But we are here to help you, let's go for a walk." I told him, as I got up I grabbed one of the large blades I brought. "This is a neighborhood." Nick said. "Wesen don't care where they are, they will try to kill you in the streets fully woged if they want to. Grab one and a coat." Aunt Marie said grabbing another weapon. "Yes, Aunt Marie." Nick said smirking.

We walked down the street together. "There are things you don't know. Things about your family." Aunt Marie said. "My family? You're my family. But Juno can see it too." Nick asked, confused. "Have you been seeing strange things? Things you can't explain?" She asked. He said nothing looking down "Oh. I knew it. This is all happening so much faster than I thought it would. When it happened to me, it knocked me on my ass. When it happened to Juno it also knocked me on my ass." Aunt Marie joked at the end.

"What are you talking about?" Nick asked. "The misfortune of our family is already passing to you. I'm so sorry. I know you love Juliette. But you have to end it and never see her again. It's just too dangerous." Aunt Marie said. "What?" Nick asked, utterly baffled. Aunt Marie and I looked down the street seeing a familiar car. "Oh, my God. He's here." She said, looking about; unsheathing her blade. "Who?" Nick asked. "Hulda." She answered. All of a sudden the Hässlich came out of nowhere, I pushed Nick back as Aunt Marie advanced.

The Hässlich had a scythe as his weapon of choice against Aunt Marie's sword. I slowly balled my hand in a fist, watching as the reaper crumped to the floor in agony. We could hear his bones crunching underneath his screams. He got up past the magic, swinging his scythe a few more times. Nick tackled him to the ground, giving Aunt Marie a chance to get her bearings. As I went to attack him he kicked me in the chest and swiftly smacked Nick in the face with the end of the scythe. As he turned to bring his blade down on Aunt Marie, he shot the reaper in the side once.

The Hässlich turned around, going to attack him instead. Nick continued shooting him eight more times until the reaper was dead. "I gotta call this in. Get your weapons out of here." Nick said, grabbing his phone off the street, breathing heavily. "No worries brother, it's not our first time dealing with something like this." I told him smacking him on the shoulder twice before walking off with Aunt Marie. "See you back at the house, Nick. It's good to see you, despite the circumstances." She told him.