The Start Of A War

Juno POV:

Nick had introduced Rebekah and Trubel to his son, Rebekah was quite taken with baby Kelly. After a thousand years and not being able to have a child of her own must be rough. I'll find a way for her to have a kid if that's what she wants. Trubel had told Nick about H.W. and about Eve. Nick didn't really know how to feel about Eve, Juliette was involved in his mom's death. I'll never forget his agonized screaming at the sight of her head in a box.

Nick and I were called out to North Denver and Kilpatrick, a nice little shopping strip that had been attacked over night. "Looks like a gang-related rampage. Happened around midnight. This is not the only street that was hit. It's all over the city, three different neighborhoods. Reports coming in are similar to what we got here. Shops were hit, car windows broken, general mayhem. So far, we've got one shop owner murdered, another badly beaten, the third one is missing." Wu informed us when we got to the scene.

"I don't trust the kidnapped person, if it's Wesen related and they live, they're a mole." I said to Nick and Hank. "His name is Xavier Arivaca. Owns the bakery." Wu responded, taking down my notes. "Some shops were untouched?" Nick asked looking around. "Yep." Wu said, looking skeptical about this crime scene. "We are being played, boys. This is a Wesen hate crime, the shops that weren't touched are either Kehrseite, or siding with the opposition." I told Nick, Wu, and Hank quietly.

Ken Honeycutt was our murder victim, his throat had been torn out. Most likely a Skalengeck that did the killing, the teeth are small but have tons of rows. I had bought flowers from his shop, he was a nice guy, didn't know him beyond the shop though. Wu lead us to the bakery, telling us that this was the only place that had been marked. Four diagonal red lines had been spray painted onto one of the walls, Black Claw.

We all went to the Precinct, questioning shop owners, none of them acted differently or woged. Either they're Kehrseite, or just don't know what's happening. "This is fucking frustrating." I said to Nick and Hank before walking into Sean's office. "We have Wesen hate crimes fucking up our neighborhoods. You ever heard of Black Claw?" I asked him, sitting in one of the chairs across his desk. "I have not. What's their business?" Sean asked back.

"Well, they want Wesen to rule the world as I can tell. They killed a Florist, and kidnapped a Baker. If the Baker comes back alive, he's going to be a rat for the group." I started, showing him the case file so far. "If you hear anything about the group, I want you to get involved, align yourself with them. But when I tell you it's time to leave you'll follow my instructions." I compelled Sean, embedding it so deep in his brain that he won't be able to fight it.

I told Nick and Hank about my plan of having Sean go undercover. "This is going to be a nightmare isn't it?" Hank asked. "Oh it's going to be a proper shit show, get your boots out." I chuckled back. Rosalee, Bud, and Monroe had called Nick, letting him know that the victims were Wesen. Nick told them about the claw mark that had been spray painted in Xavier's shop.

Nick and Hank went to Monroe and Rosalee's while I went to Nick and Adalind's. Trubel was adding features to her bike and protecting Kelly and Adalind from potential intruders. She didn't know I had it warded for intruders, they'd have to fight natural instincts to come here. I had sprayed the ground surrounding the safe house with a bunch of different ingredients that were toxic to Wesen. Adalind wasn't affected due to the ring I had given her, I couldn't poison Kelly's mom on accident.

Adalind had brought Trubel and me coffees while Trubel worked. "Look, I don't know that much about you, and whatever you know about me probably isn't good. So now that we're working together, I thought maybe we should get to know one another a little better." Adalind proposed. Trubel looked from Adalind to me, seeing if she was for real, I shrugged in response. "We have conditions to this...mutual sharing if you will. We can't let you tell people about us, so I'll have to compel you to only know when we are around." I responded. "That's fine, I expected a "No." from you both." Adalind said.