Wesen Infection

Juno POV:

It was late in the morning when we were called out to a car crash. Doyle Baske's car lost control and he drove into a tree just on the edge of the forest. He was being treated by the paramedics, he looked relatively fine despite his shirt being covered in blood. "Where's the car? If Doyle is being treated here, where's his car?" I asked, putting gloves on.

"It happened up the road, claimed he was trying to get help when he was attacked by a guy with a big dog. Doyle got away, fell down a hill and was found by a trucker who nearly ran him over this morning." Wu answered. "Let's go talk to Mr. Baske." I said, leading Nick and Hank over to the paramedics vehicle. Doyle started to try to get away as we approached, telling the paramedics that he wasn't going to the hospital.

"I'm Special Agent Marshall with Detectives Burkhardt and Griffin." I said to Doyle, motioning to Nick and Hank. "Listen guys, I got attacked by a guy and his dog, okay? I didn't get a good look at them. I got away. I must've hit my head. I don't know, I'd just blown a tire and hit a tree." Doyle explained quickly. "Can we see some identification, please?" Hank asked. "Yeah, sure." Doyle said reaching into his pockets. "What kind of work do you do?" Nick asked.

"Commercial Real Estate. My office is downtown." Doyle answered, passing over his driver's license. "And you were on your way to visit your mom?" Hank asked. "Yeah, last night. I try to get out to see her, like...once a month." Doyle answered, but his heart started to beat faster. "Where are you headed now?" Nick asked. "I was just going back to where I left my car." Doyle said.

"We can give you a ride. If you don't mind us asking you a few questions on the way." Hank offered. "Yeah. I can do that." Doyle said, taking his license back from Hank. I followed in my car, driving behind Nick and Hank as we stopped at Doyle's car and then drove him to his mother's house. I got out of my car, standing with Nick and Hank outside the front door of the house.

I could smell blood coming from inside the house, the blood that was on Doyle. I could also smell that Blutbaden lived here based off the marked ground. Someone has made sure to mark their territory here. Doyle tossed his bloody shirt to Nick, and closed the door quickly. "Could you smell the blood?" I asked Hank as I pulled out an evidence bag for Nick.

"I could smell a lot of blood, and the mother was very worried about her son. Something was weird about it." Hank answered, taking a deep breath in through his nose. "Do you smell the death?" Hank asked. "Whoever's blood this belongs to is definitely dead, and the mom might be responsible." I replied. "We have to be careful, these people are old money." Nick told us. "I come from older money, I'll trash whatever lawsuit they throw at us." I responded.

"With the Captain joining Black Claw, our jobs are going to be at stake aren't they?" Hank asked. "Big time, but I will take care of everyone. If you need anything you come to me or compel it for yourself." I responded. I took a deep breath through my nose, catching something other than Blutbad piss. "We need to track where his car was going and where he was found, something off is going on." Nick said to us as we made our way to our vehicles.

"Let's get Monroe out there, he can track better than I can." I responded, pulling out my phone and calling Monroe. "What's up, Juno?" Monroe asked. "Can you track a Blutbad for us? We have his shirt." I told him. "Not my favorite thing to do, what's his deal?" Monroe asked. "His name is Doyle Baske, he claims he was in a car crash but was found unconscious and covered in blood way up the road. There were human bite marks on him, yet he claims he was attacked by a man and his dog." I answered.