The Resistance Vs. The Royals

Juno POV:

"Guys, I have a really dumb idea. I know that the Royals will be coming for the baby, what if we posed as the Resistance?" I suggested. "You're right, that is a really dumb idea." Kelly responded getting out of the car. "You haven't even heard my plan, you forget that I have magic and am capable of basically anything." I told her as we walked into the apartment complex that I used to live in.

"Aunt Marie died here." I said, grabbing onto Nick for support. "I'm not going up, it'll only provoke them into a fight. I'll meet you back at your house." Kelly said. "Before you go take this. Drink it and then find a way to die, you'll be a Vampire. We need you to be stronger, especially if you are sticking around." I told Kelly, handing her a vial of my blood. She nodded sprinting out of the building. I waved my hand over Nick, "What are you doing?" Nick asked.

"Making an invisible shield in case he tries to shoot you. I'm not as tall as you. I'd step in front of the bullets, but if he's accurate he could go for a headshot." I answered. We walked past my old apartment, doing our best to ignore it. "Let us in, or I'll open the door. Guns down, we are bulletproof." I called through the door. I could hear Renard sigh inside before he opened the door. "You talk this out Nick, I'll be outside. I'm tired of seeing her face." I said pointing to Adalind.

I went down to the lobby, seeing a man in a trench coat speaking to the front desk clerk. "Stop speaking." I compelled the clerk. "What are you doing? Who are you?" I compelled the man holding a F.B.I. badge. "Special Agent Steward. Prince Viktor ordered me to find the blonde and her child. The Royals are coming." Steward grunted out, trying to fight the compulsion. "Forget this place, leave now." I compelled Steward, grabbing his head as I did so, using magic to instill the compulsion. I looked in his mind, seeing his home address, we will be coming to kill him later.

"You can speak. Forget the last ten minutes." I compelled the clerk before sitting in the lobby. Nick came down about five minutes later, "I'm guessing she's staying with Renard?" I asked Nick. "I told them that they will need us and that we are not their enemies." He replied. "That remains to be seen, the child is innocent but her mother is not." I told him.

As Nick and I were walking back to the car I spotted two dead Verrat in a car. "This shit is getting hectic. Prince Viktor will be coming to collect the baby." I said to Nick as we got in the car. I texted Renard that there were two dead Verrat outside the biuilding. When we got back to Nick's I went to the guest room, finding Kelly with a healing gunshot wound. I summoned a Daylight Ring, enchanting it to protect her from death. I also summoned a blood bag, thankful that it was now nighttime. Kelly shot up, holding her chest in pain.

"Drink this, and never take this off. You'll burst into flames if you do. I can't let Nick lose you like I lost Aunt Marie and my birth family. This ring will protect you from death, never take it off and never reveal its importance to anyone." I told Kelly, explaining the importance of the ring. She snatched the blood bag from me, sucking it down greedily. "I love the way you care for your brother. My new strength and energy is incredible but I look so old." Kelly said, looking in a mirror.

I took the hand that had the ring on it, snapping my other hand while focusing on the ring. Looking back at Kelly I saw the age lines fading away. "Look in the mirror." I told Kelly. "Holy shit. That is fucking amazing. Thank you so much." Kelly said, grabbing my arms, neither of us are huggers. "I'm guessing you killed the Verrat tonight?" I asked her. "Oh yeah, they were in my way." Kelly responded.