The Books

Juno POV:

Nick and Adalind decided to have a housewarming party, inviting Wu, Hank, Monroe and Rosalee over. I helped them park their cars in the garage while they made their way up. I found Nick and Monroe on the roof, bringing each of them a beer. "What a view right?" I asked Monroe, opening my beer. "I was just saying that to Nick." Monroe responded, chuckling.

"So how's it going between you and Adalind and Kelly and...Eve?" Monroe asked awkwardly. "Well, Adalind has been great. Who would've thought that she would've made such a wonderful mother?" Nick asked back, almost like it was a miracle. "Right? How does she feel about you?" Monroe asked. "We don't really talk about that." Nick responded. "Do you feel a certain way about her?" I asked Nick.

"I don't really know how I'm supposed to feel about her. I hated Adalind for so long, and now we live together and have a kid together." Nick replied. "Well, I think she has shown tremendous growth and maturity, living with someone she used to fear, and having a kid with you. If she wanted to she could leave and you wouldn't find her again. I mean, I would be able to but you wouldn't be able to without me." I told him, sipping my beer.

"Give her a chance, Nick. What could it hurt now that she doesn't have powers?" Monroe asked him, clinking his bottle with Nick's before heading back downstairs with me. When we came downstairs, Wu was holding baby Kelly while Hank held one of his little hands. "He looks just like you, Nick." Wu said smiling. "You ever thought about having kids, Wu?" I asked him. "I'd have to have a girlfriend or a wife first." He replied.

"You gotta make time for yourself outside of work. Even I found a life." I told him, helping Adalind set the table. "Everything smells delicious." Rosalee said, rubbing her hands together. "Thanks! My mother and I may not have been close but she did teach me to cook." Adalind responded, taking her seat and grabbing some salad. "This is really wonderful, thank you." Nick said, gently taking her hand.

When I was helping Wu, Hank, and Monroe pull their cars out of the garage, Monroe received a call from his uncle. As I had got out of his car, giving him back his keys he told me that his uncle was in possession of Grimm Books. "Can we meet him?" I asked. "He's making his way to Portland as we speak." Monroe responded. "He'll need protection, send me his flight information and we will be there to pick him up." I told him as they got in the car. I went back upstairs to help clean up before I went back to the Penthouse.

The Next Day

Sean had called me into his office to talk with Jeremiah, Andrew, and Rachel about Dixon's campaign. "Polls have got us in a dead heat. If the election were held tomorrow, it could go either way." Jeremiah told us. "We've taken the high road and Galligher hasn't. We have to stop being the nice guys." Rachel said, looking to Dixon. "I'm not trying to be a nice guy, I just don't want this campaign to be like every other campaign." Dixon responded.

"Pointing out a couple of flaws about your opponent does not make you the bad guy." Jeremiah replied. "If you wrestle a pig..." Dixon started but was cut off. "You get dirty, and the pig likes it. But George Bernard Shaw is not running for the Mayor of Portland." Rachel said, cutting him off. "And you don't wrestle a pig. You take them to slaughter and you make bacon." Sean said, bringing a dark element to the conversation.

"How do you suggest we make bacon out of Galligher?" Rachel asked. "Well, first you fatten him up with some youthful indiscretions, then you slit his throat with a couple of covered-up drug charges. Finally you gut him with gambling debts and some favors paid out to known associates of the mob." Sean said, looking from Rachel to Dixon. "Is any of that true?" Jeremiah asked hopefully. "All of it." Sean said. "What a fucking scumbag, running for Mayor." I said scoffing, placing my hand on Sean's shoulder.