Killer Bite

Juno POV:

Wu had asked Hank and me to join him for a run, needing advice on how to control his "woge."  "What does it feel like?" Hank asked Wu. "It feels like I'm abandoning my sanity to violence, to bloodshed." Wu answered as we started running. "I have an idea for a solution but it won't be fun. We can do it after the run." I told him. We were in the middle of the park when we heard a child scream. "Come on!" Hank called to us, leading us to the boy.

"Don't worry, kid. We got you." Wu said as he pulled the boy out of the shallow hole. "Is that a person?" I whispered to Hank as the mother started screaming, seeing the bones that were stuck to her son's ankle. "Time to call it in." Hank responded, guiding the mother and child away. "I'm calling Nick." I said to Wu as we started to block off the area. "What's up, Juno?" Nick asked. "We got a body in the park." I responded.

"I need you to drop by first. Sunlight has become quite the issue." Nick told me. "I'm on my way. I need to change anyway, I was on a run with Wu and Hank." I replied before hanging up. "I gotta go guys. I'll be back in a half hour." I told Hank and Wu. I rushed to my penthouse first, changing my clothes and grabbing a Daylight Ring for Nick. "What's going on?" Mom asked. "Nick became a Vampire and needs a Daylight Ring. We also have a case to work on." I answered.

"Be careful, Rebekah wants to take me shopping. With any luck I'll see you next week." Mom joked as she sped off. I left soon after, grabbing my badge and my car keys, I pulled up to Nick's apartment building. "When did you decide to change?" I asked Nick. "I didn't want to make it any harder on Adalind and her being hungry around all of us." Nick replied, meeting me in the lobby. "I'll be right back, wait in the car." I told Nick, giving him the ring and my keys.

I went up to his apartment and used my magic to let myself in. "Juno! What are you doing here?" Adalind asked, sucking down a blood bag. "I'm here to help you. Sounds like you've been struggling with your hunger?" I asked. "I didn't want to ask you for help. You've done so much for me already, I don't want to be any more of a burden than I already am." Adalind replied. "Nick became a Vampire so that you wouldn't have to worry about feeding on him. You need help, plain and simple." I told her, watching her put the blood bag down.

"What are you going to do?" Adalind asked. "Just some compulsion. You will only feed on blood bags or people outside of your family on emergencies. You will leave your victims alive, heal them, and compel them to forget. You will work on self control. Two blood bags a day unless you have to leave the house." I told her, watching the compulsion wash over her. "Now that being said, I'll get you a fresh supply. Nick will need this too." I continued, summoning a large freezer full of blood bags.

"Thank you, Juno. I'm not the best at admitting when I need help." Adalind said, giving me a hug. "I try to be a benevolent sire." I replied before leaving. "What took you so long?" Nick asked as I got in the driver seat. "Had to compel her to have self control and then I gave you a large freezer full of blood bags." I answered, starting the car. "...Thanks?" Nick asked confused. "You have a son and a...step-daughter. You can't risk either of you feeding on them. So I cut that chance out of the equation." I continued, explaining my reasoning.

Nick was about to get out of the car when I grabbed his arm. "You will not kill anyone while feeding, you will heal them and compel them to forget. You will never feed on Kelly or Diana." I compelled Nick, leaving the kids protected. "Come on, we got work to do." I told him, slapping him on the shoulder. "What have we learned?" I asked Hank. "Female victim, late twenties to early thirties. We'll learn more at the M.E.'s office." Hank answered.