Undercover Newbie

Juno POV:

The first few nights with Trubel were rough, getting through to her that she is safe with me was difficult. Sparring with Trubel was nothing like fighting with Nick or Hank. She was precise and sharp with her movements, she didn't use brute force to try to win. I used training sticks to hit her while I let her work with real blades on me. It scared her shitless when she stabbed through my chest on accident.

When she saw me wipe the blood away from the nonexistent wound she passed out. I went on to explain how I was adopted and my biological family. "So if you are rich why do you waste time working as a cop?" Trubel asked. "My wealth comes from my biological family. Having power and endless time and doing nothing with it would make me a real asshole wouldn't it?" I asked in return. "I guess. Why are there so few of us?" Trubel asked as we put our weapons away.

"It's most likely a recessive trait, only those who are strong enough to endure it get the trait. It's passed down through generations. Nick and you have long family trees, mine is more of a shrub. My biological grandfather was alive over a thousand years ago, my father didn't have the trait and then there's me." I answered as best as I could. "Come on, let's go to dinner. Hank and Wu will be meeting us at the restaurant. They want to get to know you." I said to Trubel.

"Why? I don't know them." Trubel asked in an exasperated tone. "Listen, you've gone your whole life on your own, on the run. It's time to stop running, might as well make some friends in the meantime. Give them a chance, Hank is a Vampire like me. Wu is snarky and sarcastic, enjoys a good whiskey on his time off. Both are great cops and better men. Now go shower and I'll pick out an outfit for dinner for you. Don't worry it won't be out of your comfort zone." I said when she gave me a skeptical, anxious look.

The Next Morning

I told Trubel to chill in the penthouse while I made a quick stop at Monroe and Rosalee's. "Guys, I have a big ask. Bigger than asking you to woge for Juliette." I said as they let me in their house. "What's going on?" Rosalee asked. "I need you guys to show a young Grimm that not all Wesen are out to get her. I've been working with her for a while now, Monroe met her, her name is Trubel." I explained.

"We can do that. Just make sure she leaves that machete at home." Monroe said, barely joking. "She has a machete?!" Rosalee asked Monroe. "What do you think? She's a young Grimm, of course she has a machete." I said, snapping my fingers and leaving bags of cash for them. "This is me doubling what I owed you previously." I told them before I left. I went back to the penthouse to pick Trubel up, bringing her back to Monroe's house, unarmed.

"Now, before we go in. They are going to woge for you, they are just showing you their Wesen nature. Do not attack them for being what they are. Rosalee is a Fuchsbau, Monroe is a Blutbad." I explained to Trubel as we walked up to the door. "Welcome, why don't you both come on in?" Rosalee asked sweetly. Trubel walked in tentatively, looking about everywhere, scanning for a threat.

"Rosalee, Monroe, this is Trubel, she's been staying with me for a while. I've been a orking on mentoring her, make her less conspicuous." I told them. "Well I'm Rosalee." She said introducing herself. "Fuchsbau." Trubel responded. "Right. And I hear you met Monroe a little while ago." Rosalee said, a little stunned. "Yeah. I never really had a chance to properly introduce..." Monroe started but Trubel cut him off. "Blutbad." She said, almost labeling them out loud.

"They know what they are, you don't have to tell them." I said to Trubel, nudging her arm. Monroe explained how there are stages to people, Kehrseite, Kehrseite-Schlich-Kennen, and how they can only see Wesen when they want to be seen. Rosalee explained that Grimm's can see Wesen when they don't want to be seen. "You ready?" I asked Trubel. Monroe and Rosalee slowly woged, showing their Wesen natures. "No bid deal." Monroe said.