New Family

Juno POV:

Trubel had contacted Nick and me, letting us know she was safe. She was currently in Istanbul on business with HW, (Hadrians Wall) Rebekah had gone with Trubel. Nick had went to speak to Special Agent Chavez, the woman who kidnapped Trubel. They were ambushed and Agent Chavez was shot, her phone was called and they told Nick to keep the phone.

While Nick was with Chavez, Adalind had called me to take her to the hospital. I had managed to find Nick, speeding him back to the safe house in time to pick up Adalind and drive them both to the hospital. I had called Bud, Rosalee, and Monroe letting them know that Adalind was having her baby. There had been complications and the doctors tried to usher Adalind off to surgery. I compelled the nurses to help me scrub in and mask up so I could be with her.

I compelled the doctors to ignore my presence and fed Adalind my blood while the surgeons did a C-section. Her heartbeat kept slowing down, causing the baby's heartbeat to slow down and I had to counteract it. As the baby was delivered, we heard a hearty scream causing everyone to sigh in relief. "APGAR is at a nine. You have a healthy baby boy." One nurse said, cleaning up the baby and handing him to Adalind.

"Oh, Adalind. He's beautiful, you did such a good job." I told her, placing one hand on her shoulder and the other on the baby's wrap. She cried happy tears, gently stroking her son's cheeks. Once the doctors had finished her surgery, I gave her more blood to completely heal her wounds. "Thank you for being there with me, ensuring that I made it through." Adalind responded.

"You and your son have become two of the most important people in my life. I will do anything and everything to make sure you are safe. All we ask is loyalty, family loyalty." I said, gently holding her son's hand. We were brought back to the Maternity Ward, where Nick, Bud, Rosalee, and Monroe were waiting eagerly. While the nurses hooked Adalind's bed up to the wall I walked to Nick, giving him a big hug. "Congratulations, Nick. You're a father." I told him before we walked into Adalind's room.

He stopped at the door, staring at his son, and the mother of his child. "You okay?" Nick asked her. "Better now. I wasn't sure you'd want to be here. Maybe you don't want to be here. But at least you are here. Don't hate me anymore, Nick. For our son's sake, we can't be like we were. I don't want to raise him by myself. And he's as much of you as he is me." Adalind told him.

"I don't know if that's good on either side." Nick responded. "Well, maybe he won't be like either one of us. I know I can't force you to be there for him." Adalind said. "I will be." Nick stated firmly. "Want to hold him? He won't break." Adalind told him as she passed their son to him. "I thought of a name for him." Adalind said. "Don't you think we should..." Nick asked but was cut off. "Kelly." Adalind said, shutting Nick up briefly. "Okay." Nick responded, looking down at his son.

"You and I will protect Adalind and baby Kelly, do you understand me, Nick? They are our family now." I told him, making my position clear. "I won't do anything to risk losing either one of them." Nick responded resolutely, holding his son close to his chest. Kelly, Nick's mom came jogging in. "I heard you had the baby, I came running." She said, resting on my shoulder, looking at her grandson. "What's his name?" She asked Adalind. "Kelly." Adalind told her.

She looked surprised and touched. "It's a good name." Kelly responded, staring at her grandson.
"Can I hold him?" She asked. Nick passed off his son gently to his mom. "I remember when you were this small, both of you." Kelly told Nick and me. "There's nothing better than the smell of a baby. It's like peace and euphoria rolled into one." She continued, kissing her grandson on the forehead.