Brett x Eddy x Reader [Pt. 7]

You woke up the next day confused why you were alone in Brett's bed. You immediately went to check the kitchen since it wasn't unusual for them to wake up before you and start the day.

Worry filled your mind when you found the kitchen empty. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't recall any early meeting or appointment they were supposed to have this morning. It was the day after a concert for Lingling's sake!

In worry, you ran to Eddy's room to see if he was there and if he knew where Brett was. Once inside, you were surprised to say the least to find Brett there!

"There you are!" You said in relief as you climbed into the bed to hug your boyfriend.

It seemed you must've woken up approximately at the same time because Brett's eyes were also filled with sleep and his deep morning voice corresponded with your theory.

"Morning baby," he said as he welcomed the hug and kissed your cheek with a content sigh and a smile.

Suddenly everything seemed so perfect.

"How are you?" He asked tiredly.

"Good but confused."

"Confused, why?"

"First of because you are in Eddy's bed, second of all Eddy's not even here, did he have an early meeting or something I forgot about?" This is the moment everything was not perfect anymore. Quite the opposite. The memories of last night rained down upon Brett like a meteor shower.

"Fuck." You were startled at the sudden curse word followed by a loud muffled groan as Brett rubbed his face and reached for his glasses, seemingly stressed out.

"What is it, Brett?"

"I'll explain later, but we have to find him Y/n!" Brett said while running around like a hen trying to find clothes and glasses and everything.

You were assigned the job of calling him while both you and Brett ran around the block, splitting up to cover more ground. You reassembled outside the apartment building after 15 minutes.

"Anything?" Brett asked, still out of breath from running, his stomach turning with guilt from last night.

"Nothing, he just lets it ring out every time, I've called 23 times!" You said, frustration building more and more by every second. "Fucking hell, I'm so sorry Brett, I'm so so sorry, this is all my fault." You couldn't stop the tears from falling.

Brett brought you in to an embrace immediately.

"Shhh, baby don't cry, it's not your fault, not at all! How could it possibly be?" He reassured while holding your trembling body tight.

"Everything was fine until I came along! You were living your happy little life until I had to come and ruin everything!" You sobbed.

Brett's heart broke at the self-accusation. If anyone was to blame it was him! He was the one who overreacted last night in Eddy's vulnerable state. And wasn't it obvious how much love, laughter and positivity you had brought into their lives?? He and Eddy got a whole new spark when you came along, they'd never been this creative and content with their work.

"Oh y/n, that's not true, you're the light of our lives, a firework in the dark that lit up the way," Brett said softly, parting from the hug to look the in the eye and dry your tears with his thumbs.

He had to fight hard to keep his own tears down.

"Y/n, listen... I know what's up with Eddy. I know what's wrong, we talked about it last night and-." Brett had to stop his own sentence once the tears started falling. "Fuck..." he whispered as he looked up in frustration.

You stared at him wide eyed. He knew!? Why can't he just explain!?

"Brett please... could you please explain to me?" You said calmly, trying to counterbalance Brett's frustrated aura.

He shook his head, no longer able to fight the tears.

"I can't... He needs to tell you, y/n, but I..." Brett looked at you with teary eyes. "I don't wanna lose you." The tears burst.

You went closer to hold his face in your hands, leaning his forehead over to touch yours.

"I don't wanna lose you, I can't lose you Y/n, I can't..." the mumbles continued.

"You won't lose me, Brett, don't worry, I'm here," as much as you wanted to know what this was all about and why it caused this fear of loosing you in Brett, you also had to respect Eddy's privacy and let him tell you himself.

"I fucked up Y/n, I really fucked up," Brett held onto your hands which rested on his cheeks. He pulled them away to hold, not feeling deserving of your love and empathy right now.

"What do you mean Brett?"

"It's my fault. Everything is my fault. I overreacted last night when Eddy told me the truth. I lost it Y/n... I really didn't mean to but I'm just... so so scared of loosing you..."

You observed as he slowly let go of your hands and stepped back.

"But I see now that I cause you more harm than good... I'm so sorry Y/n..."

You lunged forward to catch his lips in a kiss. He caught you despite being off guard, and stopped for a moment before relaxing into the kiss and returning it. The Singapore clouds decided to open up and burst down a hell rain on the two of you, but you didn't care, you barely even noticed.

After a while, you separated from the kiss and looked into each other's eyes.

"Everyone makes mistakes Brett and I refuse to judge you by that, the important thing now is to find Eddy." You with a sure and clear tone.

Startled, Brett just stared as you spoke.

"And don't you worry, I ain't going nowhere," you added, bringing him in to yet another kiss.