Chapter 57 - Building trust

May 25, 2024

Saturday

Dear diary,

Let me tell you about my day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1/3]

The warm glow of the sunrise seeps through the sheer curtains, casting a warm hue across the room. The gentle hum of city life below the large window provides a soothing backdrop to the intimate moment Luca and I just shared. The sheets are a tangled mess, evidence of our fervent passion, and Luca lies beside me, his fingers lazily tracing patterns on my bare back.

I sigh contentedly, basking in the afterglow. Luca, with his smoldering eyes and magnetic charm, has swept me off my feet in ways I never imagined possible. Every touch, every kiss, every whispered word between us feels electric.

Just as I'm about to drift into a light nap, Luca's hand slides lower, his touch igniting a fresh wave of desire. I turn to face him, a knowing smile playing on my lips. "Already?" I tease, my voice barely a whisper.

His grin is devilish, his eyes darkening with intent. "With you, I can't get enough," he growls, his voice a low rumble that sends shivers down my spine. He grips my waist, pulling me closer, his lips capturing mine with a commanding intensity. His hands roam my body with a possessive urgency, and I can feel the heat between us rising again.

But then, just as things are escalating, a sharp knock on the door breaks the spell. We both freeze, our eyes locked in a mix of frustration and curiosity. "Who could that be?" I whisper, my breath ragged.

Luca's expression hardens, a flash of irritation crossing his features. "Stay here," he orders, his tone leaving no room for argument. He grabs a pair of sweatpants from the floor and slips them on, his movements quick and purposeful. He strides to the door, his posture tense.

I wrap the sheet around myself, sitting up in bed as I watch him. The knock comes again, more insistent this time. Luca opens the door just a crack, his body blocking my view of whoever is on the other side.

"Maria? What are you doing here?" he demands, his voice a mix of surprise and authority. I stare at the clock at the nightstand, 8:55 on a Saturday morning.

"Mr. Luca," Maria's voice is urgent. "Your father is downstairs. He wants to see you."

My heart skips a beat at her words. Luca's father? I can see the conflict in Luca's eyes as he glances back at me, his jaw clench.

He closes the door slightly, leaning against it as he runs a hand through his hair. "I will be right back," he says, his voice firm yet tinged with regret.

I nod, trying to hide my disappointment. "Do you want to stay away or stay here? Or..."

"Whatever you want," he replies bluntly, his tone disinterested, making my eyes widen in surprise. He pauses, halfway through putting on his clothes, and stares at me. With a soft sigh, his eyes soften.

In a few quick strides, he crosses the room, cups my face in his hands, and kisses me deeply. "I didn't mean it like that, baby. You can do whatever you feel like. I'm okay with both," he murmurs against my lips before pulling away and heading to the door.

I watch him leave, a knot of unease forming in my stomach. This unexpected visit from his father could mean anything, but I suspect it has something to do with Luca showing up here with a busted eyebrow. I lay back down, staring up at the ceiling as I try to calm my racing thoughts.