Darui - Stubborn Love 🍋

Word Count - 2538

"Come on." I whined to get him to understand my perspective.

"It's been decided." His voices boomed across the room.

"But father." I whined again. He slammed his fist down in his desk. Darui stepped beside me and started pulling me towards the exit.

"Let's go (Y/N). It's been decided." He repeated the phrase my father used as he tried to coerce me towards the door.

"We are done with this father. You can't do this to me." I spat at him as Darui pulled me out of my fathers office. There was no fighting him now but I was going to break him down eventually. My father was the fourth Raikage. He wanted to marry me off to some village. I wasn't listening because I didn't care what he had to say.

"He can't do this." I ripped my arm from Darui's hold after we left the confinements of my fathers office.

"Yes he can (Y/N). He is the Raikage." He tried to get me to see my fathers side.

"No he is my father." I spat at him.

"Exactly (Y/N). That's exactly why he chose you."

"But I do just fine on my own. I don't want to marry. I don't want to leave my village. There are plenty of suitable men in Kumogakure if he wants me married. I shouldn't have to leave my home just because he says so."

"(Y/N) you are the daughter of the Raikage. This is your duty."

"Fuck the duty Darui. This is bullshit." I huffed as I walked away from him. I could not believe my father wanted to send me off. He said it was to solidify the alliances we had built during the fourth great ninja war. I found it to be a bunch of bullshit. I was being selfish but I did not want to leave everything I knew and loved. I would not let him do this to me. I would rather run away and be a rogue ninja than allow my father to have this much control over my life. Because then at least I have the control in my own hands.

I was too much like my father for my own good. We butted heads on everything. He was overprotective and it made me want to rebel. This was just one of the many times he pushed me. I liked seeing the protective side of my father come out. I would purposely put myself in situation to see that side of him. I liked to see him rilled up over my actions. But this time he took it too far. I didn't like when he acted first. I liked his reactions to my actions not the other way around. He was acting without my knowledge. It made me skin crawl in anger. I wanted to get him back. We constantly played a game of tit for tat. I would test the boundaries to see what I could get away with in order to identify exactly what he would punish me for. This was the ultimate punishment. For my life of rebellion he was going to hand me off to be someone's problem. I had to find a way to show him. Show him that he would not control me. And every action I made would rain hell down on him. And only him.

"(Y/N) wait up." Darui called for me. I turned on my heels to look back at him. I waited for him to walk up to me. He placed his finger under my chin and tilted my head to look into his eyes.

"Keep your head up my love. It will be okay." Darui gave me a soft look. There was always something between us. Ever since we were young. I had always been into him and it was obvious to everyone it was reciprocated. But I was not ready to settle down. I knew when I was he would be there for me. I didn't want to waste time with him while I tried to find myself. I selfishly wanted to find myself on my own and when I was ready I wanted him there. Now my father was about to rip that chance from me.

I should have settled down with Darui when we had the chance. If I was with him my father wouldn't be doing this to me. I knew my father loved Darui like a son. I knew he would love if I ended up with him. I thought that was what he always wanted. But now he threw a curve ball at me saying I was to be wed to someone else. I couldn't have that. I loved Darui and ultimate wanted to spend my life with him.