Chapter 56. Really partial

Currently, I get anything between ₹300 to ₹400 if I work for eight hours, and Urmila Aunty gives me around ₹100 to ₹200 depending upon the amount of tasks I complete, but I never worked continuously before. Only when my mother gets sick, I act as her substitute and make just about ₹2000 to ₹4000 per month approximately.

Mom works daily with only one holiday in a week. Her income keeps fluctuating between ₹12,000 and ₹15,000, but she also keeps falling sick frequently, so all of her wages get spent on Dhara Di's and her own medicines. As for Dad's salary, apart from managing to save a few thousand rupees monthly, everything else is spent on rent, mine and Srishti's requirements, and other necessities.

So, in a month, we save around ₹6000 to ₹7000 in total, and if we calculate it for a year, then we get only ₹72,000 to ₹84,000. And all this money needs to be earned again because we have already ended up giving our last savings to Shailesh.

For now, we can only manage our household expenses. In our current situation, we will never be able to pay off Shailesh even if we work twenty-four hours a day. I need to contact Eknath Uncle and beg him to get me jobs with the highest pays. Also, I have to search and apply for part-time jobs with long-term benefits.

After I returned home from the dance studio, I went to Urmila Aunty to enquire if she had work for me. Getting a positive response from her, I called up Eknath Uncle from Mom's phone, and he had a few upcoming events where he could employ me. Fixing my spot temporarily on the workers' team, I made a rough plan for the rest of the months left in the current year.

If I wanted to avoid Shailesh from coming to my home again, I had to earn a significant percentage of the promised amount within this year. I had to be consistent to show him that we weren't fooling him.

Since I had to work at Urmila Aunty's place both in the morning and the afternoon, I decided not to attend college and made a schedule to study at Arushi's place in the night.

For now, I had to work slowly and steadily, so I could strengthen my trust in my employers. Earlier, I did jobs according to my liking; now, I had to get out of my comfort zone.

Keeping my schedule in mind, I woke up really early and reached Urmila Aunty's place. She had just taken a bath and was very amazed to see me so early. As I had already arrived there, she told me to get started after reading the day's menu. I worked for four hours in the morning, and for the afternoon, I again came to help with cooking as I had to go to Sarthak's studio next.

I knew I was going to be late, so I had planned on staying late to catch up on my missed dance sessions. I had told Akshay to inform Kshitij and Tanmay Sir about the same.

After finishing off my work, I left for the dance studio, and as expected, KD was practicing some moves with Tejas, while Akshay and Suhana were busy having a duet by themselves.

"I am sorry for coming late," I apologized to everyone.

Tanmay Sir was teaching Jolina, so I didn't disturb him. I kept my bag in the corner and started stretching myself. My right shoulder was throbbing in pain since I woke up in the morning; I had taken a painkiller, but the ache hadn't subsided.

Shit, whenever I try to rotate it backwards, my whole arm starts aching badly.

"What the hell are you doing?" Tejas asked with a frown.

I jumped back before he could grab my arm.

"Come here," he said.

I shook my head. "I can do it myself."

"Then do it properly."

"I am doing it properly. You have to find a flaw in everything I do, don't you?"