Chapter Twenty

It had been a week since Reil's ankle was sprained. She could finally ambulate without limping.

She hadn't spoken to Drix since he'd help with her ankle, and she missed his voice.

She wore a red high heel she was certain would match with the red strapless and braless gown she had on, that lay only a few inches below her butt and showed a large amount of her cleavage.

She left her hair to sway around her bare shoulders. She'd applied a touch of make-up, just a red lipstick and powder.

Strutting out of her room, she was greeted by different workers who wouldn't stop with questions on if she's better.

Obviously she wouldn't wear such high heels if she couldn't walk properly.

Her heels kept demanding attention as she left the house to her car.

Entering the passenger seat, she stared at the driver. “Take me to the Class Hotel.”

“Yes ma'am.” The engine roared and came to life, then the car began moving.

After a few minutes, it came to a halt in front of one of the biggest hotels in the USA.

She got out of the car, staring at the hotel for a few seconds as the sun seemed to be blinding her.

“Good evening ma'am.” A man she assumed would be the doorman to the hotel, called.

She stared at him. He looked like he was in his near sixties. Why was he still working? She'd surely retire when she turned fifty. She couldn't let stress affect her sway.

“Hi.” She returned the greeting without a smile or anything.

“Let me walk you in.” He offered with a smile that could tear his face.

“There's no need.” Then she walked past him, into the company.

After tons of directions and cards and other things, she was finally in front of the hotel room.

She inserted her card into a hole on the door, unlocking it.

Then, opening it, she walked into the hotel room, closing it behind her.

The room was like any other classical room of such a huge company.

She didn't bother scanning the place, but walked further till she reached the bedroom.

The door was opened so she just walked in, staring at the figure standing by the bed whose back faced her.

“Greg.” His name came out of her mouth with a flirting edge in it.

He pivoted, his lips curling to a smile. “Babe.”

He sauntered towards her, stopping right in front of her as his eyes scanned her from head to toe. “You look beautiful.” His voice came out hoarse.

His hand found its way round her waist, as he leaned in to link their lips.

She kissed him back, then pulled away. “It's been a while. How are you?”

“Crazy.” His hand left her waist, then keeping a gap between them, he continued, “how can I be sane when you refuse to call?”

“It's not my fault we didn't talk.” She walked past him, her heels echoing in the room.

She slowly took a seat on the bed, placing both palms on the bed at each side of her.

He sighed, staring at her. “I'm sorry I just started talking about marriage. You must've been surprised, I understand.”

She gave him an indifferent shrug. “I didn't really mind because I know we can never get married. I will just date you for the meantime.”

She noticed a hint of hurt in his expression, but it disappeared immediately, like it was never there. Maybe she'd imagined it.

“I was only worried that you might want to break up with me.” Locking his gaze, she continued, “you know I don't like guys breaking up with me. I break up with them first.”

He smiled. “I've missed you. You haven't changed a bit.”

***
“There's this guy I like,” she said, after changing back into her clothes, “he's my next target.”

“Really? What's he like?” Greg, who was still buttoning his shirt, asked.

She looked up, seeing Drix's figure. “Oh, he's hot.” She started.

“As hot as I am?”

“Hotter.”

“Oh.”

“And he's got this great voice.”

“As great as mine?”

“Better.”

“Okay.”

“And he's got this smile that can cause one's heart to flutter.”

“Better than I can?”

“There's no need to ask.”

“Hmm mm.”

“And I just want to know how he'd feel inside me.” She let out a dreamy sigh.

She really wanted Drix to be on the bed beside her, rather than some guy named Greg.

“You seem so into him, why aren't you two together yet?” Greg asked, causing her to turn back to him, noticing he'd worn his shirt and was now sitting on the bed opposite her.

“He's this fucking hard-to-get guy.” She shook her head in a way to forget how annoying it is that he doesn't like her though she's this hot. “Got some cigarettes?”

He shook his head. “Why does this guy not like you?”

“I have no idea. It's frustrating, you know.”

“It's weird for a guy not to fall for a beauty like you.” He winked, causing her to smile.

“Yeah, he's nuts. Can't see beauty when it appears in front of him.”

“So, you gonna leave him alone?”

“Never.” She wasn't one to let go of guys she liked. She must get them no matter what. “I must feel him inside me.”

He let out a chortle. “You'll never change. And I don't want you to change babe.”

“Why? So you can have me to yourself forever?” She asked jokingly, but when his face hardened, she was confused.

“What's wrong?” She asked, suddenly craving more for a stick of cigarette.

He feigned a smile. “Nothing. How ‘bout we talk some more?”

She wanted to pester him on it, but decided against it. “I need to smoke. Let's go get a cigarette.”

“Yes babe. I feel the same way.” He stood up and she did the same.

She missed such life where she cared about nothing else but what got into her and out of her.

She missed sex and was happy Greg had satisfied her for the time being. Work was certainly a big change in her life.

Well if she looked at the good side, she may never have gotten closer to Drix if she didn't start working.

There was always an advantage in every situation. Now that she'd satisfied her sexual desire, she had to get back to focusing on work and Drix.

Thank you so much for reading. Please don't forget to vote, comment on your thoughts about the chapter and share.

Also, please ignore all grammatical errors. Thanks again 🥰🥰🥰