Chapter Forty.

Monday had arrived like the speed of light and she found out she felt more glee than nervy.

She met with Bale at the door to where the meeting would be held.

As always, he had a frown on his face which deepened when he sighted her.

“You know you don't deserve to be here.” He said in a low and stern tone.

She just rolled her eyes, opening the door then strutting in.

Sean was seating at the head of the table with the first chairs by the left and right being empty and the other chairs filled with others.

She went to take the empty seat by his left and Bale, who'd been behind her, took the seat opposite her.

“Uh, after the SIC event that happened last month,” a man she knew to be Mr Grub, began the meeting, “there's been a stagnancy in the stocks, because other companies have been lined up with that event and offers were moving out in the business industry, but we aren't getting more than what we already have.”

“And what do you think the solution would be?” Her dad asked and she knew he was directing the question to Bale or to her.

The others knew too because no one said a word.

That was the right time to say what she wanted to say.

“I think we should creat a statistics on how the stocks preparation would go through,” Bale started, “and we should allow the workers more working time so they could help with the stock booster.”

Sean seemed to be almost agreeing with him so she quickly began.

“I don't think that'd work.” She said it as professional and business-like as possible and all gaze was directed to her.

Bale furrowed his brows. “Why don't you think it'd work?” Even in his angered state, he still managed to make his tone steady.

“Overworking the staff doesn't guarantee an increased stock.” She explained.

“And I assume you have a better plan?” Sean said, but her gaze didn't shift from Bale.

She resisted the urge to smile as she cleared her throat, remembering everything Sarah had told her.

“Mr Sincol, I want to propose a mission to move the company's rank to the top twenty best companies in the world.”

Gasps flew from across the table and Bale widened his eyes in surprise. He'd obviously not expected that.

She turned to Sean who looked equally surprised, but interested.

The company was the fiftieth rank in the world, so bringing it to the top twenty was a big deal which required brain and statistics.

“From research,” she started, flipping through the files on her desk, “it was confirmed that the companies ranked in the top twenty weren't keen on stock booster, rather they were keen on sales multiplication.”

“So you want us to just copy them?” Bale asked, and she could sense the edge in his tone.

“Copy?” She snorted a little. “That is the problem with all companies below the twentieth. They try to copy and never reach the top twenty.”

“So what are you proposing?” Sean asked, seeming really interested.

“Few days back, I proposed a deal with the Gristle International, the production group would offer materials to them which would be returned back to us as great sellable.

“Products in the sales group, rather than for sales multiplication, we'll thrive for product appreciation. If there could be a rise in the value of the products being sold, it could lead to not only a stock booster, but a rank maximization.”

The nods of agreement from the table was enough to let her know she was having the upper hand.

But what they didn't know was that she wasn't done yet.

“That's a smart idea,” Sean said and she raised her head from the papers to stare at him, “but how are we certain that'd make us rank up to the twentieth?”

“It won't.” She continued and ensured to stare at Bale so she wouldn't miss his expression when she said what age would say next.

“It would only rank us the thirtieth, but then to rank us among the first twenty, I'd need your permission to take over the health group.”

Bale's jaw tightened and his death glare was enough to make her feel exultant.

Sean must've noticed the tension passing between them, because he asked in uncertainty. “The health group? Why?”

She cleared her throat, before turning back to the papers.

“Few days back, I made a call to the Smih Company at Dubai,” there were gasps again, because the Smih company was ranked among the top ten and it was also work to get business with them.

“Production of health facilities would be sent from them which could boost the health group of the Elrey company. If this is a success and goes according to plan, we'd be ranked in the top twenty.”

She turned to Sean. “Again, I repeat, I'd need your permission to take over the health group.”

He seemed hesitant because of Bale, but of course, the company rank was certainly more important than an annoyed son.

“Okay.” He gave her a smile. “Make this work. End of the meeting.”

He stood up and everyone followed, then as soon he began moving they all did the same.

Reil standing by his left and Bale by the right with the others behind him.

“Dad, why'd you give her the health group?” Bale asked in a whisper, his voice still steady.

“We need the company to boost in stock, you already have the best two groups so let her help the company.”

Bale stopped walking and she did the same as the rest walked past them, leaving the both of them to stare at each other (if Bale's glare could be tagged as a stare).

“You never listen, do you?” Now the Bale she knew was back. Not the one trying to maintain a steady tone.

She gave him a smirk. “I told you, but you didn't take me seriously, did you?”

He grabbed hold of both of her shoulders with both of his hands. “Don't mess with me.” He said through gritted teeth, the veins popping in his neck as his face reddened.

She wasn't afraid of him, his fingers pressed against her skin were emitting pains through her, but she knew better than to let it show.

Her smirk widened at his fury. She loved seeing him in anger. “I'm not messing with you, I'm only taking what's mine.”

He pinned her to the wall, his hands not leaving her bare shoulders.

“You're not even supposed to be tagged a Sincol and you have no business sense, if you don't leave this now, you'd wreck the company.”

“But this girl without business sense has done two things you were never able to do though you've been in the business line for years.”

He let go of her shoulders. “Stop this while I'm being nice.”

She snorted. “Yeah, I love your definition of nice.”

He ignored her last comment, then walked away, leaving her to the pain his fingers had caused on her shoulders.

How many times had he done that when they were younger? And how many times had she pretended it didn't hurt but when she left, she'd begin massaging it or even crying?

Seriously, she hated Bale.