Chapter Twenty-Four

How had his life taken such a strange turn of events?

Him, who didn't have friends (except Bill and his mom), was in the car of a female he'd happened to become friends with.

Her gaze was directed to the road she drove on, and he couldn't help studying her.

She had left her hair to sway around her back. The gown she wore exposed an awful lot of her cleavage, which only made her look wealth-material.

He noticed as her perfectly polished nails tapped rhythmically on the wheels of the car as she held it with both hands.

Her long eyelashes moved downwards and upwards slowly, like she'd planned for that to happen, but it seemed involuntary and made her look even more beautiful.

She hadn't applied much makeup, but the red lipstick she had on was obviously of high class.

Her emerald eyes shone as he dwelled in its beauty. She was a beauty. That was certain.

She slowly turned her gaze to him, holding his gaze. “What's up?” Then she turned back to the road.

Having caught off guard staring at her, he tried to regain his composure by staring at the road. “Why were you waiting outside the company instead of getting in to ask for me?” 

“I tried, but they won't let me in.” She scoffed. “The fact I didn't have a Sarah to convince them and my flirting didn't seem to work for them, so I had to wait outside.”

He stared at her, raising a brow. “You were flirting with my workers?” It came out more as a surprised tone than irritated.

She shrugged like it was nothing. “It didn't work though.”

What? This female was weird. Creepy even.

The car came to a halt in front of a huge restaurant.

They both got out of the car. He stared the restaurant all the way to its foundation. 

It was like every other restaurant he'd been to. 

They both walked into the restaurant and were greeted by a waitress with a huge smile on her face like she'd be killed if she didn't smile. “Good day sir and ma, let me direct you to your table.”

They both followed her to a table that was located at a corner in the restaurant.

He took a seat on one of the chairs and she sat on the one opposite him, a beautiful round table separating them.

“What would you like to order?” The waitress asked with the smile still on her face.

She took both their orders then left, coming back after a few minutes of awkward silence, with their food.

She placed it on their sides of the table then left.

“Let's eat then.” Reil said with a small smile.

He hadn't eaten anything since breakfast before heading to work, so he was hungry and the food seemed appetizing so he started eating as she did too.

He stared at her in silence, remembering when he had gone to her house to massage her feet.

Intrigued by her again, he decided to ask what was in his mind. “Can I ask you something?”

She raised her head from her food, staring at him with a lop-sided smile as she was cutting meat with a knife and stabbed the cut piece with a fork. “Sure thing handsome.”

He ignored the last word like he was used to doing. “The last time I was at your house, what had happened to you?”

He recalled her shaking and her pale look. Something had obviously happened and he was one who liked satisfying his curiosity.