Chapter Thirty

Reil collapsed on her bed, her thoughts flying to Jack and what he could've done to her.

She had never felt so scared before. What would she have done if Drix hadn't arrived?

She was certainly going to report him to the cops, she just needed to calm her senses first.

Work was the last thing on her mind at the moment, so she'd left work earlier than normal. She left by six in the evening and was ready to just take a long sleep.

That plan was interrupted by the ringing of her phone on the bed beside her.

She reached for it then checking the caller, she suddenly felt bad for him. She'd forgotten about Greg the previous day and didn't even call to let him know what had happened. He was probably worried.

Answering the call, she placed the phone close to her ears. “Hey,”

“Hi Reil, how ‘bout we meet?” He didn't sound too happy. He sounded annoyed and she couldn't blame him.

Although she wanted to just rest, she knew ignoring Greg would only worsen things so she didn't.

“Okay, where do you want to meet?”

“Let's meet at our favorite coffee shop.”

“Sure, see you there.”

Hanging up, she rose from the bed. She was too tired to change her clothes from the white tank top she had on with the gray pajamas so she decided to go meet him there either way.

He'd have to realize it wasn't nice to keep someone from sleeping. Also, it wasn't the first time he'd see her that way.

She picked up a rubber from the desk beside her bed, then packed her hair up in a ponytail.

***
Greg was already standing in front of the coffee shop when she pulled up.

Getting out of the car, she sauntered towards him and noticed how he didn't seem happy.

Well, she couldn't blame him, she'd bailed on him last night.

The sun was already setting so the place was a little busy.

“Hey,” she greeted once she was standing in front of him.

He didn't respond so she readied herself for one of his sulking. She didn't have time for sulking.

“What's up with you?” She fought back a sigh. “Let's just go in first.”

Walking past him, she stopped when he spoke. “Was that Drix?”

Then turning to him with raised brows, she crossed her arms over her chest. “What do you mean?”

“The guy who came to your rescue last night, was he the Drix guy you were talking about?”

“How do you know?” She pulled her brows together. How on earth did he find out what happened to her?

“I followed you out yesterday and that isn't important, the guy was Drix, right?”

“Yeah, wait—” things just became clear to her, “you followed me out last night?”

He stared at her like he was wondering how that was important in the conversation. “Yeah, so?”

“So you saw when Jack was trying to take advantage of me and you did nothing to stop him?” Bile rose to her throat at that realization.

Guilt flashed in his expression and she knew she was right. He did nothing to stop her.

“Seriously? You just fucking stood there and did nothing?”

“That isn't important, Reil.”

“Why isn't that important?” She placed both hands on her hips.

“Because,” he seemed to be getting irritated at that moment, “I know you Reil. How am I sure the dude was trying to harass you or you two were just having one of your sexual whatever.”

Hurt ran through her entire being. “What do you mean?” She hated how she sounded so affected by his words, but what could she do?

“What I mean,” he continued in an even louder tone and drawing the attention of some people around, “is that you and I both know you're a slut and go around sleeping with any man that comes your way, so how do you expect me to know if the dude wasn't someone you wanted to fuck by your own will.”

Woah. She'd never felt so hurt like she felt at the moment.

Tears welled in her eyes as the realization dawned on her.

He was right. She was a slut. She had sex with any man that came her way. She was terrible.

But that didn't justify him not helping her, did it? Maybe it did. “Greg,” she avoided his gaze because she was already embarrassed enough to have tears in front of him, “it’s over.”

“Huh?”

She walked past him, but stopped when he appeared in front of her. “I'd believe you're only saying that because you're mad at the moment, we'll speak when you're calm.”

He walked away but she knew she didn't say that because she was mad.

The first tear rolled down her cheek. She was a slut and she knew it but hearing it out loud hurt more than knowing it.

She knew she couldn't go home with her thoughts running at that rate. She needed to talk to someone, and who else was best to talk to than Ivy.

The coffee shop was a few minutes drive from Ivy's, but she didn't want to drive.

She needed to think about her life so she was just going to walk there.

Tears began rolling down her cheeks as she began walking.

She was really a slut. She had her first sex at the age of fourteen and since then she'd had sex with so many different men, she was surprised she hadn't caught any disease of any kind even though she used protection.

She'd never said no to guys her age. Only married men, and that only made her pathetic.

She was sure she'd win the world record of the female with the most amount of male she'd had sex with.

The tears came out more at her pathetic life. Why was she so useless?

Whatever guy came her way was who she'd have sex with. She didn't care. Nothing mattered to her than sex.

Sometimes she didn't even have sex because of the desire, just because she'd missed the feeling.

She was totally crazy. How many guys had she had sex with? She had no idea, but she knew she didn't remember over sixty percent of them. How pathetic.

She didn't know how long she'd walked, but when she sighted Bale's house, she knew she was close to Ivy's.

It was only a few blocks apart.

About to walk past his house, she stopped when the gate opened.

Wasn't her life miserable enough, why did she have to be greeted by the presence of the last person she needed. Bale.