17 | Marked by him

| Elliott |

[Mature Audience 18+]

 "They have been thrown in cells and will be interrogated. But they will go to jail for what they have done." The town's sheriff, who was a wolf, explained.

I was sitting inside Damian's office in the pack house, the rain was still pouring on the windows as the weather was cold. 

I was sitting in a chair next to Damian with a fleece blanket wrapped around me. I felt safe and protected since my mate had his hand on my thigh, which sent butterflies in my belly.

Damian didn't want to let me out of his sight, he was terrified when he found me in a pool of pig's blood.

I had never seen him this angry in my life, even when he used to fight with his dad.

On the other hand, my best friend had recovered from the shock as he had been taken home by his parents. 

Still, I felt guilty, since he was dragged into this mess because of me.

"I put great trust in you, sheriff, don't make me doubt or else I will fire you." He warned the town's sheriff, who was under his control.

"I will make sure that the truth comes to light." The sheriff bowed his head in respect for his Alpha.

The man turned to look at me, wanting to get closer for some reason, but Damian's harsh words stopped the sheriff.

"Get any closer to him, and I will rip your tongue out, sheriff." Damian warned as his threats were not empty.

"Uhm, yes, my apologizes." The sheriff bowed his head again before he made his way out of Damian's office.

The moment the doors closed, I looked at my mate, who still hadn't calmed down, he was mad.

"Damian-"

"Has this happened before?" He cut me off in a harsh way, and when I didn't answer him, he grew even more angry.

"Has. This. Happened. Before." Damian asked me one more time.

"Yes..." I managed to answer since he was slightly scaring me.

"Did they do this often?" Damian mentioned them as he meant about those two guys who were thrown in cells after throwing blood on me.

"Yes, not only them, but it was also-" My words got cut off because Kai Lockhart had stormed inside without knocking.

"Alpha, I'm sorry to interrupt you, but Simon Nash is here to see you, he's protesting." The beta explained, his face flushed since he seemed to be in a hurry.

"Tell him to come to my office, instead of acting like a five year old-"

"Sorry for interrupting you, but he's breaking down the front door with an axe." Kai explained quickly.

Simon was committing a great crime by destroying the front door, which has the pack symbol of the two moons. 

The dethroned beta is basically announcing a revolt against Damian Reed by destroying the front door.

Damian hurried out of his office, but before he left, he went on to say, "Don't leave this office, Elliott."

Kai and Damian made their way out of his office, leaving me alone, but I could hear the sounds from outside, the sound of Simon's voice yelling and shouting.

Twenty minutes must have gone by, but Damian was still not back, and I was worried. I tried to reach out to him through our bond, but he wasn't answering me, he had shut me out.