48 | Aren't you afraid of me?

| Elliott |

I woke up to the soft rays of sunlight filtering through the thin curtains.

My eyes ached since I had cried last night before Damian told me the truth, which still felt surreal.

Who could have known that Willow wasn't his daughter? Not me.

I allowed a smile to appear on my face as the familiar scent of Vanilla and Sandalwood filled the air. Mine and Damian's scent lingered in the master bedroom.

I glanced on my right side as Damian was sleeping next to me. He was sleeping naked, wearing only a pair of black briefs which showed the outline of his dick and his strong thighs which could crush someone's skull. 

I laid a hand on his chest, slowly caressing him since it felt too good to be true. We wouldn't need to deal with Mia Nash for the rest of our lives.

"If your hand slips any lower, I will not be able to hold myself back from fucking you, Elliott." He murmured, his voice husky and deep. His eyes were shut yet they held much dominance. 

I blushed, as I looked to my right side, where my babies were awake in their baby nests. 

My babies were staring at each other like they were aliens from another planet.

"Good morning..." I say in a soft voice as my babies follow the sound of my voice and look up at me, a small smile appears on their faces.

I thought about my injured hand, which was now healed. 

I shouldn't have hurt myself, even if it was unintentionally. I had my babies to think about, I couldn't be selfish since I was their entire world. 

Thankfully, the wound wasn't deep. It was just a scratch which I had healed overnight since wolves heal fast. 

I stayed in the bed with my babies, feeding them while watching the sunrise through the window, since the curtains were thin.

Damian woke up, he stared at me and our children. I couldn't believe this guy was a killer because of the warmth in his eyes whenever he looked at us.

"Go to sleep, you literally returned in the middle of the night, you must be tired." I frowned since he looked exhausted. 

"I want to take you out on a proper date. We can have a picnic outside since it's going to be warm?" He suggested, but there was something in his tone.

"Ha! You probably end up fucking me. " I blurted out without any shame.

"Doesn't that sound like a nice date? Our kids will be sleeping in their strollers and I know a nice place where there will be nobody around to see us." He wore a sly grin on his face.

"Sounds good." I winked at him.

The morning seemed to be bright, but that didn't last long.

"I had heard from Kai that you hurt your hand?" Damian muttered, taking my hand in his.

"I wasn't in my right mind when I found out Mia Nash was alive. I accidentally gripped the knife a little too hard, but I'm healed now." I tried to reassure him, but how could I? 

I had tried to harm myself.

Damian grew concerned, "What kind of thoughts did you have in that moment? Be honest with me."

"I thought you were protecting her, I thought your whole family was protecting her from me. I felt devastated because I'm your mate, not her. I thought that the moon goddess had made a mistake of pairing us together, and that thought made me want to die-"

My words got cut off short when Damian pulled me into a kiss, but the kiss was gentle, almost like a summer breeze.

"Don't ever do that again." It was the first thing he said to me after pulling away.

"Elliott... You don't know how much I love you. You can't fathom the unconditional love that I have for you." Damian said, his voice filled with vulnerability, something I had never heard before.

All I felt was relief when his big arms pulled me into his embrace along with our babies who were busy eating.

"I love you too, Damian." I whispered against his shoulder.

This couldn't be a better morning.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

The sun was clear with a few clouds in the blue sky, and the weather was warm, it was a perfect day for a picnic.

We had arrived at our destination, to my mate's secret hideout. 

Damian was not kidding, the place was breathtaking since it had a huge lake where we could go and swim, but we would save the swim for another day.

My mate had laid out a large blanket on the grass as we laid down on the soft material, I laid next to him as we stared at the blue sky.

We were cloud gazing, something I never thought we would do together.

Our twins were sleeping in the double strollers, which were next to the blanket.

"That cloud looks like the earth." I pointed at one large cloud that reminded me of earth.

"You could ask me to take over the world, and I would." Damian teased, and I couldn't hold back my laughter.

I wiped the joyful tears from my eyes. "My, my, aren't you a charmer?"

"I can't help myself whenever I'm around you. You're too tempting." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. 

We laid on the blanket in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence without needing to talk, I honestly loved it.

"Aren't you afraid of me?" Damian blurted out, he was being weirdly vulnerable today.

He's not dying, is he?

"Why would I?" I asked, my head was against his chest as I followed the natural rhythm of his heartbeat.

Damian pulled away from me as he changed our positions. He was sitting on the blanket while I cradled his lap and wrapped my hands around his neck.

This is his favorite position.

"I'm not your ideal husband, I'm possessive, I'm selfish, and I want to own every single part of you until there's nothing on my mind but thoughts of you." He began to trail kisses on the side of my neck. 

I knew what he meant. He had hidden things from me, and many people in my case would have run away from a man like Damian Reed, but I love him.

"You're fucking mine, Elliott Reed. I wish I could imprint those words on my soul." Damian muttered against my skin, which sent heat throughout my body.

"You have already imprinted those words on your soul... We're mates, we're meant to be together even in our next life because our souls are connected throughout time and space." I bit into my lower lip, holding back a moan.

Damian had found the mark on my shoulder where he had left behind. He sank his teeth into our bond as electricity rushed through our bodies. 

"We should have a wedding... I want a wedding with many roses, an orchestra..." I managed to say, but a moan escaped my lips because of the euphoric feeling.

Damian looked up at me, his lips had slight blood on them since he bit pretty hard, but not to the point of seriously injuring me. 

Suddenly, he uttered against my lips, "I want to marry you in the middle of the night when the sky is filled with stars. It has to be under a full moon, just the two of us." 

"I would love that..." I answered, tears of joy welled in my eyes. 

There was no place I'd rather be than in his arms for the rest of the day.