44 | The secret room

| Elliott |

Two weeks had passed since my children were born.  

I gently placed Kallias on the baby nest situated on the bed, as he had fallen asleep in my arms. I did the same with his older brother, Killian.

I watched them for a few moments, my heart filling with warmth and love, since they are my children.

Killian was born an Alpha, while Kallias was born an omega, but I loved my children just the same.

I managed to drag myself out of the master bedroom since I didn't want to leave my babies, but I needed to make dinner for me and Damian.

But If Damian knew what I was thinking at this moment, he would convince me to be with our children instead of cooking food.

I shook those thoughts away as I went to the kitchen counter, preparing the ingredients, since I would make a beef stew for me and Damian.

I was cutting the carrots and onions when the door suddenly opened in the kitchen. The door which led to the garage.

"I will head to the grocery store, do you want anything?" Damian asked as he walked out of the garage and stepped into the kitchen.

"You can buy some chocolate for me!" I smile as he plants a kiss on my cheek and leaves the house, since he was going to the grocery store.

I try to focus on my task, but every so often I look at the kitchen door which leads to the garage.

What was Damian doing there for an hour?

The curiosity got the best of me since I really wanted to be the Dora the explorer.

I walked out of the kitchen and made my way into the garage. I looked around the garage, but everything was the same, nothing was out of place.

This meant that Damian was in his secret office inside the garage?

I walk towards the door, which is almost invisible to the naked eye. It was the same door that Damian didn't want me to enter when I came here the first time, 

I put my hand on the doorknob and I feel surprised since the door isn't locked. I open the door and enter the room. 

"What the fuck?" I whispered under my breath.

I was looking at a large whiteboard which covered an entire wall of the room. 

The whiteboard was filled with pictures of me, the pictures were leading back to last year when Damian had found out I was his mate. 

There were at least over two hundred photos taken of me.

It was like somebody had stalked me for months. There were many photos of me when I was pregnant and living at Ash's house. 

Did Damian already know that I was pregnant? What the hell. 

I glanced at the corner where there was a desk along with multiple computer screens hanging on the walls. Those screens showed the entire house, the CCTV footage, which I had no idea about. 

I walked towards the screens which hung on the walls, watching the CCTV footage of the master bedroom, where my babies were asleep. 

I sighed, not understanding what was going on until I looked at the desk, which had piles of documents.

I looked through them as the documents were about Damian's inheritance, since he seemed to have everything planned out in case he passed away when he was young.

He had left 20 000 000 dollars and two large properties in Italy for his daughter, Willow. Though, he had left most of his wealth to me and our twins.

"He has planned everything." I muttered, checking through the other documents.

Those documents were trust funds for his children, which they would receive when they are the age of twenty-one. 

At least Kallias and Killian were secured for life, they were really going to live with a silver spoon in their mouths until the day they died. 

I sat down on the armchair, putting away the documents in a neat pile.

I looked through the drawers of the desk, and I found my passport, which I thought I had lost. 

I had even found documents that state me and Damian are legally married. 

We're married? I never recall signing any documents.

My hands trembled as I looked at the CCTV footage, and my babies were still sleeping in their baby nests. 

I don't know what it was inside of me that begged to look through the last drawer.

So that's what I did, I looked through his last drawer until I found a hidden medical file which had almost slipped my hands.

I began to read through the medical file on Damian Reed.

A psychopathy diagnosis of some sort? He has a severe form of antisocial personality disorder?

I looked through the medical file with trembling hands, since this was a surprise to me. 

There was everything written down from Damian's childhood to adulthood. The violent acts he committed as a child and his lack of empathy towards others. 

The file went deep into his diagnosis because he had gone to therapy since he was eight years old. 

Damian Reed pushed a guy from the rooftop? He made his friend fail tests so that his friend couldn't get into college? He put drugs in his father's drink, so that the man would hallucinate?

What the fuck. Damian made his own father hallucinate?

I wanted to read more, but I glanced at the CTTV camera and I caught sight of the driveway as Damian's car pulled up, and he began to take the groceries out of the car. 

I immediately put everything back the way it was, not leaving a trail in my wake. 

I rushed out of the secret room, closing the door behind myself. 

I knew that I wouldn't make it to the kitchen, so I ran to my brand-new car, at that moment the door opened and Damian walked inside the garage.

He seemed to be actively searching for me.

I pretended to admire my new car, not looking at him or else I would break down. 

"What are you doing here...?" Damian asks in a low voice.

I take a deep breath in, preparing myself to look in his eyes.

The moment I gazed into his eyes, I felt like a deer who had been caught in the headlights. 

"What. Are. You. Doing. In. Here." He questions me in an authoritative voice.

"I-I want you to teach me how to drive!" I made up a lie on the spot.

"You promised that you would teach me once the kids were born." I walked over to him, wrapping my trembling hands around his neck.

"I will teach you, but first let's make the stew for dinner." Damian pulls away from me, placing a hand on my lower back and leading me into the kitchen.

"Let's do that," I force a smile on my face as he leads me to the kitchen counter. 

All I could think about was his diagnosis and the fact that he had stalked me for months. We were even married without my knowledge.

Was there something else I didn't know about Damian Reed?