27 | His baby

| Elliott |

{Mature Audience}

My hands trembled as we were going to celebrate New Year's Eve with Damian's father at the house.

We stepped out of the sports car, making our way to the front door as it was a weird feeling since I used to live here for four years, but now I'm with Damian.

We entered the home which had the most gorgeous Christmas decorations in the living room since Richard loved holidays.

I could smell the delicious turkey which was in the oven as I was starving to death. My hunger levels were up like crazy, I was craving many different things.

"Ah, you both are finally here!" Richard came to us, he hugged both of us at the same time.

Damian and I took off our coats and shoes before we entered the home.

We made our way to the kitchen as Damian chatted with his father, mostly on light topics like about the weather or the world news.

Before I took a seat, I looked in the mirror which hung outside the kitchen. In this red knitted sweater, I almost looked pregnant.

I laughed at the thought, I could be pregnant since we never used protection, but if I was pregnant it wouldn't be a big deal, I would just feel happy.

I take a seat by the kitchen table as Damian sits next to me while Richard takes out the turkey from the oven.

We sit by the table, having a normal conversation since if we headed to deeper topics all hell would break loose between the father and the son.

After dinner, we gathered in the living room, but I headed upstairs to Damian's bedroom since he asked me to grab an old wine bottle he had hid.

Suddenly the door rang when I was making my way towards his bedroom.

I went back to the staircase as I had the entire view of the first floor and the living room.

I saw Damian walking to the door and greeting the person on the other side.

"Mia?" Damian says at the front door.

Mia was wearing a red coat, as she seemed to be wearing a dress underneath it.

She was carrying a bottle of champagne along with a red box.

Mia hands him the box as Damian looks confused before he opens the thing, and he sees an ultrasound along with a pair of baby shoes.

"I'm pregnant with your child, Damian. It's a girl." Mia confessed out of nowhere.

I wanted to laugh from a distance. Was she serious? Why is she always coming after Damian Reed? He must be so sick of her games.

"I called you on the 10th of December when you were appointed as the Alpha, but you told me I was lying." Mia spat at him, she was angry.

"How many weeks are you?" Damian asked, which shocked me.

This meant that she might be pregnant with his child.

"I'm six months pregnant. It was the time when we had a quickie in your car, that was the only time we didn't use a condom." She explained, placing a hand on her belly.

It must be fake, she didn't have a belly, she even went to the nurse and she wasn't pregnant, but she was slightly bloated but...

The way Damian stared at her belly told me otherwise, he looked like he was pissed at himself for being careless with her.

From what I heard, Mia was the longest friend with benefits Damian had, since he slept with her for a few months, I guess he had gotten careless.

I thought I would start choking because It felt like my lungs were collapsing on me.

Another person was carrying my mate's child?

The mating bond was a sacred and special thing. But it didn't feel that special anymore when my mate had knocked up another girl.

I wanted it to be a lie, but I knew that Mia had always aimed for the position of Luna.

She had even bragged how she had saved her virginity for Damian Reed.

"You have slept with other guys during the months-"

"Are you serious? You are the only guy I slept with, you are the one who took my virginity!" She had started to cry because of Damian's accusation.

Richard was sitting on the couch, he didn't dare to butt into his son's personal business.

She handed the ultrasound picture to him. "I can even do a DNA test, hell, you can choose any doctor you want to do the DNA test. This is your daughter."

Mia grabbed his wrist, placing his hand on her stomach because wolves could hear and feel heartbeats of their pups.

Only the parents can hear the heartbeat of the pups, nobody else, which means if Damian hears and feels the baby, it's his child.

"I can feel the faint heartbeat..." Damian mumbles under his breath, his gaze softened in a split second.

Damian's reaction broke something inside me that could never be repaired.

He had always worn a haunted look on his face, but for the first time in a while, he looked hopeful, his gaze softened as he kept his hand on her stomach.

My heart was beating fast and hard, tears were gushing from my eyes and I couldn't stop them.

I covered my hand over my mouth, I sobbed into my palm because my dreams were ruined, my mate had knocked up another girl, what could I do?

Should I sit on the sidelines and watch the love of my life raise another woman's child?

I dragged myself from the stairs, making my way to the bathroom.

I closed the door, headed for the drawer and took out a small razor which was made from silver poison, as I would cut through my skin.

"You're going to have a family...?" I whispered to myself, thinking about my mate.

"I guess you don't need a mate anymore..."

My vision was blurry as I made my first deep cut on the wrist, wishing that this would end up killing me.

Blood began to gush out of my wrist and fall on the floor.

I made the second cut, the third cut, the fifth cut, the fifth cut until my entire wrist was covered in blood that was pouring on the floor.

I wanted to make the sixth cut, but my vision had grown blurry.

I dropped the razor on the floor, feeling the world close in on me, and everything went dark in seconds.

The last thing I remember was the cold floor, laying in a pool of my own blood, and feeling my life slowly slipping out of my grasp.

I hope that death will be easier than living.