39 | Dead or alive?

| Elliott |

I woke up in a hospital bed.

The room was quiet, the only sound was the steady beep of the heart monitor. I felt groggy, disoriented, but alive.

The realization hit me like a wave, I hadn't died, what about my babies?

I stared at the white ceiling, holding back the tears which threatened to fall until the pack doctor stepped inside, he looked shocked at seeing me awake.

"M-My babies..." I stuttered since it was hard to speak, I could barely look at my stomach because if I lost my children, that would be the end of me.

"Your babies are fine, they masked their presence so when the knife went in your stomach, they didn't get hurt, and you got here in time to receive the antidote for silver poison " He explained, which was a relief to my heart.

I laid a hand on my baby belly, and I was happy when my children suddenly began kicking around, trying to comfort me.

"You were rushed to the hospital where we put you in surgery, luckily you and your babies survived. You have been asleep for three days." The pack doctor says in a gentle voice.

At that moment, Damian steps inside the hospital room, he walks over to me, placing an affectionate kiss on my lips.

"Voglio stare sempre con Te..." Damian mumbles against my lips, he runs a hand through my blonde hair while he places his other hand on my baby bump.

"Damian..." I say his name.

"I can't be with you, I don't want our children to die. I got stabbed this time, what will happen next time when Mia-" He cut my sentence short with a forceful kiss.

Damian pulled away, he stared at me with much emotion, "Last night, the Nash family died, their house was caught on fire and all of them burned to death. Mia died with them because she was hiding in her bedroom after stabbing you."

"W-What? They all died in the fire? Why?"

"Lascerei che il mondo bruciasse per te..." He speaks in Italian whenever he says something very affectionate. (Translation: I let the world burn for you?)

"What are you saying?" I questioned, but he didn't answer, he only laid a hand on my cheek, caressing my cheek gently.

Suddenly, Damian takes a tiny red box out of his pocket, he opens the box as there's a gorgouses heart-shaped diamond ring inside which must have cost a fortune.

Damian goes down on one knee, "Elliott Carey, the love of my life. I'm aware that you're terrified of getting hurt and abandoned by those you love. I have hurt you, alot. If I could take back the pain I put you through, I would, but I vow to protect you from any harm and pain from now on. I vow to love you and care for you in sickness and health until death do us apart, if you let me do the honor to become your husband."

I was shocked because I had woken up from my deathbed and my mate was on one knee proposing to me.

"You're not proposing to me because I almost died?" It was the first thing I said after his proposal.

"Elliott... I have had this ring in my pocket the day after I found out we were mates. I was planning on marrying you from the start because there's nobody who I would want to spend the rest of my life with, then with you." He eases my worries with his words.

"Elliott Reed, I love the way your future full name sounds on my lips."

"What about people who won't accept us-"

"Those who were opposed to us. Those people who didn't want us to be together aren't here anymore. We're free to be together, and if anybody would have an issue with us, I would deal with them." Damian says, and he was still on his knee.