42 | A gorgeous spring day

| Elliott |

It was a gorgeous spring day.

It was in the middle of May as everything had turned green, the trees, the grass as the sun shined brightly in the blue sky.

After school ended for the day, my best friend and I were sitting in a cozy Café in the middle of the town.

It was weird going to school since everyone was staring at me, since they had found out about Damian being my mate.

Thankfully, I had done all the important exams and assignments as graduation would come soon.

"It's hard, I don't know how I will manage to be a mother because Willow cries every night and Damian's barely hanging on, how will he handle the twins?" I vented to my best friend, who was sitting in front of me.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you, if it gets hard, you can always move back to the house, and I can help you with the babies." He says before slurping on his strawberry milkshake.

A smile crossed my face, "Thank you, Ash. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't in my life."

"But what about your mate...? The alpha king." I looked around, since I didn't want anybody to hear us.

Ash wears a grim expression, but he quickly masks his true feelings. "He's in New York."

"That's nice... But how's your relationship?" I lean against the cozy chair, wondering about my best friend's love life. 

"The alpha king-" He got cut off when a waitress at the Café turned on the TV.

We looked at the flat TV screen which hung on the wall of the Café.

It was about the Alpha king, who's known in the human society as Alek Petrov, the multi-billionaire as he's considered to be among the Elite. 

It was a gossip channel talking about him and his wife, there were photos of them in Central Park along with their baby. 

Ash looked away, slurping his strawberry milkshake as he shut his eyes, since he didn't seem to like hearing about his mate and his mate's wife having a great family time in the park. 

"Let's go," He says, once he was done with his drink since he doesn't want to listen on the gossip channel. 

He helps me to stand up as we make our way out of the Café.

"No bodyguard today?" I looked behind us since there used to be a man in a black suit guarding my best friend. 

"The alpha king has sent him away." Ash almost sounded disappointed, like he thought his mate didn't care about him. 

"Oh..." I mumbled as we headed towards the forest trails, since it was the fastest way back to mine and Damian's house.

When we were deeper into the trail, out of nowhere, somebody had hit me on the head with a baseball bat and proceeded to do the same to my best friend. 

It happened in a split second, as none of them had time to react.

Both of us passed out on the ground, and we had no idea what our fate had in store for us. 

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

I don't know how many hours or days had passed when I woke up in a warehouse, tied to a chair as my mouth was duct taped.

I began to panic, struggling in the chair, which created a lot of noise inside the abandoned warehouse.

It was hard to breathe, and I thought I would start to choke on my tears. I thought this would be the end for me and my children.