40 | Our new home

| Elliott |

"Where are we going?" I glanced at Damian, who was driving us through a safe and wealthy neighborhood.

Three weeks had passed since I got stabbed, and I got discharged from the hospital a few days ago since I had healed.

Now my mate was driving me somewhere in town, his daughter was left with his father since Damian wanted to be with me alone.

I stared at Damian, who didn't answer my question, but he kept a smile on his face.

I turned to look at the road, the sunrise was creating pretty colors of orange and pink. 

I'm lost in my thoughts, wondering where Damian was taking me this early in the morning.

"Welcome home," Damian suddenly tells me once we slowly near a large house.

It was a massive two-story house that had large stone fences around the home.

Damian took his phone and went to an app where he opened the driveway gates. 

They opened once he pushed a button on his phone and he drove inside the driveway, parking the car in front of the garage.

We stepped in front of the huge house and the modern design was captivating, with large windows that invited the sunlight to pour in.

I walked up to the doorway, there was a lot of privacy because of the huge fences around the home.

I opened the door and entering my brand-new home. The air was fresh, tinged with the faint scent of paint and new wood.

I was immediately drawn into the vastness of the place, where the gray walls create a calm and sophisticated atmosphere, perfectly blending with the modern interior.

I explored further, I was impressed at how the living room flawlessly blended into the dining area, creating a perfect space for gatherings and cozy dinners.

As promised by Damian, there was a fireplace in front of the large couch.

I looked around in the brand-new kitchen, with its high-quality kitchenware and modern design, and I could envision Damian cooking here, and our children running around with laughter. 

I headed out of the kitchen and I wandered through the rooms on the first floor and the second floor, there were nine bedrooms and nine bathrooms in total.

"Why is there are so many bedrooms?" I questioned my mate, who looked amused and satisfied with the home.

"It will feel empty now, but we will slowly fill each room." Damian says, leading me to the master bedroom, which has its own personal bathroom and a walk-in closet.

"You mean with children?" I ask, walking towards the bathroom, where there's a jacuzzi, just like I wanted.

"I had planned it all out in advance for the sake of our kids. Our children will have their own space, they won't need to share a bedroom or a bathroom." Damian answers, leading me out of the bathroom.

I counted the numbers in my head.

Damian and I will take the master bedroom. The twins will have their own rooms once they have grown older. Damian's daughter, Willow, will have her own bedroom, four rooms will be taken, which means that there are five bedrooms left to fill.

"You're planning on having five more children with me?" I gasped once I did the math.

Damian didn't say anything, he just placed a kiss on top of my head as we left the master bedroom.

I shook my head, I needed to focus on having my twins first before I thought of having more children.

We descended the marble staircase which led us to the living room, from here I could see the huge backyard out the windows.

The house was perfect, a little too big, but it already felt like home.

"Do you like it?" Damian asks, a smile stretching across his face, since he already knew my answer.

"I love it!" I answered, looking up at the ceiling, where there's a gorgeous chandelier.

I explored for a while until I stepped into the kitchen and opened another door which led to the garage.

I went inside as It was a large garage, well-organized with tools hanging on the walls. But there was a brand-new car inside the car, which I had never seen in my life.

A black Range Rover was parked in the garage with a giant red bow on top of the car, like it was a gift.

"Damian, did you buy a car?" I looked at him, since he had been following me anywhere I went.

"I bought a car for you." He leaned against the door frame, crossing his arms as he studied my reactions.

"Holy shit! A car? I don't even know how to drive," I mumbled, gently walking around the car and checking the car's interior.

I wanted to run around and explore every single thing, but I couldn't since I was heavily pregnant.

"I will teach you after the twins are born," He pulls me into his embrace after I get out of the car.

I winced because the twins had begun to kick, they were hungry like me since I didn't eat enough.

"Are you hungry?" I can hear the amusement in his voice since he told me to eat breakfast, but I had no appetite.

"Yeah, I had no appetite this morning, so I eat way too little." I explain, running a hand over my baby bump.

"It's good that I came prepared, I will grab some lunchboxes from the car." Damian says, walking out of the garage.

I looked through the garage and the car while he was getting the food.

Though one thing caught my attention, there was a metallic door in the corner of the garage. I hadn't even noticed it the first time because it blended in with the garage.

Since the door was made of metal, it blends flawlessly with the gray walls of the garage, you can't even see the door unless you stare long enough.

I walked closer to the door, the moment my hand was on the doorknob, and I was about to open it since the door was unlocked, Damian shut the door.

I turned around in fear since I didn't even hear him coming behind me.

"Don't open that door." He states, keeping a firm hand on the door.

"Why?" I asked, looking up at him, since he was hovering over my smaller frame.

"It's my personal workspace, and it's not finished yet." Damian places his hand on my lower back and leads me out of the garage. 

I glance once more at the door and deep down I felt like something was out of place. A hunch, some people may call it.

One way or another, I was going to live here for a long time, which meant that one day I would found out what lays behind the door.