26 | December 10th

| Elliott |

Two weeks had passed as it had started to snow on December 10th. Everything was covered in layers of white, giving off that Christmas feeling.

"Damian?" I called out his name, since it's six in the morning, but he suddenly got out of bed and left the room in the pack house.

When I didn't get a response from my mate, I turned on the lamp on the nightstand, and tried calling him again, but he didn't answer.

Weird.

I put on my sweatpants and took one of Damian's hoodies, which were way too big for me.

I made my way out of the bedroom as the entire hall was shaking to the music since the wolves were throwing a party on the first floor for Damian and Kai since they were officially our Alpha and Beta.

Though Damian didn't want to party instead he was busy fucking me on his bed, and ordering take out food, but suddenly, after a call, he got out of bed.

I walked downstairs where the living room was packed with wolves of legal age partying. The music was blasting in my ears, it was so damn loud.

The living room was dimly lit because there were LED lights of the colors blue and red which hung on the wall for the party.

I pushed through the crowd until I made my way into the kitchen, where there was a huge chocolate cake with Damian's and Kai's names on.

I didn't spot Damian, but I spotted Kai Lockhart with a girl around his hips, is he fucking her on the kitchen counter?

I turned away, I didn't want to see other people having sex or else I would need to bleach my eyes.

The last place I went was Damian's office, I gently opened the door and I found him there with a phone pressed against his ear.

Once the phone call ended, Damian looked frustrated like it was a situation he couldn't get out of.

Was it about our parents?

Last thing I heard about Anna was that Damian's father was divorcing her, he was even going to take full custody of the child since she isn't fit to be a mother.

It's a brutal divorce, a battlefield since Anna doesn't want to divorce him while Richard doesn't want to see her after he found out about the contract she signed with the Alpha king.

Damian's father thinks very highly of mates. 

Once the man found out Damian and I were mates, he didn't mind it.

I stepped inside Damian's office, "What are you doing? I can't sleep without you."

I walked over to him, wrapping my hands around his neck.

"I needed to take this unexpected call." Damian explained, throwing his phone on the couch.

"Is it something serious?" I asked, biting into his lower lip.

Damian wrapped his hands around my hips, "Just pack business, there's nothing to worry about, Elliott."

He pulled me in for a kiss as we made love on his desk, since we couldn't keep our hands off each other.

Though, something in my gut told me that call was serious, and I wish that I had listened to my intention.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Two weeks later, I was properly introduced to Damian's friends during Christmas Eve because my mate had booked a five-star restaurant.

It was on top of the skyscraper which the Reed family owned, basically Damian and his father.

We had a private room of our own as we sat around a round table. The room was decorated in red and Christmas things, which made the energy much more enjoyable.

Not only that, but we had the entire view of a large city which was one hour away from town.

Damian introduced me to Nico, who I had already met.

I got introduced to three girls who were the best of friends, along with another guy who was drunk on his ass.

Then there was Kai.

Most of Damian's friends were from his childhood, he trusted them a lot, and I could see how at ease he was with them.

"Damian, I never expected you to settle down." The drunk guy commented, he was about to pass out.

"When did our little baby grow up to be this big?" The guy added, almost shedding tears, while I held back my laughter.

"I know, right?" Kai joined in to tease the Alpha.

"Damian used to wear diapers until he was ten years old, I know it because I changed them myself." Kai pretends to weep for his friend.

Damian ignores those two as he pulls my chair close to him and places an arm around my shoulder.

"At this point I will need to change your diaper, you're going to piss yourself." Damian says to his drunk friend.

A few seconds later, the drunk guy passes out and falls asleep with his head on the table.

"This happens all the time." Damian assured me since I had been taken by surprise. 

"Damian says that you're eighteen, you're just a baby." One of the girls says, lifting a wine glass to her lips.

"I turned eighteen two months ago."

"So I have heard, but do you have any plans after high school? Any college plans? Or traveling the world?"

"I wanna travel to Europe since I want to see the old cities and towns. As for college... I don't have any plans now, I have studied enough for twelve years, I will just leave it as an open possibility in the future." I answered the girl, who seemed intrigued.

"It's so funny..." The girl mumbles as she seemed to be tipsy.

"What is?"

"Damian always had high expectations for the person he was going to marry. They had to be pretty, intelligent, have a college degree, come from a good family. Kai and I thought Damian had gone insane, since he can't control how his mate is going to be." The girl laughs, recalling the past Damian when he was protecting himself from hurt.

I turned towards Damian, placing a kiss on his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"To our Alpha and our future Luna!" Kai and the girls toasted for us.

A blush crept over my cheeks since I was going to be introduced as Damian's mate and the Luna of the Moonlight pack after the New Year's celebration.

There was only another week left to go.