11 | A new friend?

| Elliott |

Tomorrow I will have THE talk with Damian Reed, and I will either get rejected or accepted by him.

I was sitting in math class, almost falling asleep because we had a substitute teacher since the math teacher was sick.

The substitute teacher told us to open our math books and work in them while he sat behind the desk, looking through his phone since he could care less about this class.

I glanced out the window where there was heavy rainfall in town.

The rain poured on the windows, which made me want to curl in bed and fall asleep instead of slaving away in a math class.

"Did you hear that there's going to be a party today at 8 PM?" A girl whispered behind me, she was talking with her friend.

"I heard, and it's at the pack house, right? Damian Reed is the one throwing the party to welcome Kai Lockhart as his right-hand man!" The other girl exclaimed excitedly.

"Everyone will be there except the elderly and the pups. It will be so much fun! We will even get to meet Damian Reed, it will be an honor to meet him since he has done many good things to the pack."

They weren't wrong, Damian had been taking care of the pack business, building up new houses for pack members and protecting the pack's borders.

There were also no wars with the neighboring packs, and Damian had a good relationship with his cousin who was the Alpha king, who lived in New York.

"I know! But I really want to see if the rumors are true... if Damian Reed is very hot!" One of the girls giggled.

"Can you both shut up?" The girl next to me, who was dressed in a leather jacket, asked the girls behind us.

She had midnight blue hair which was in a messy bun. She had a few tattoos covering her arms, I knew her since she was a biker chick, and a troublemaker according to rumors.

But rumors were shit, you have to be the judge yourself instead of judging what you hear from another person.

"What is it, Nova? Why are you even in class when you always skip school?" One of the girls tried to insult the biker chick, Nova, which was a bad thing.

"This is why I skip school when I have girls like you in class. And Damian Reed wouldn't go for girls like you, you're too young for him." The biker chick, Nova, made the girls shut up.

Nova returned to look through her math book as she was actually studying, answering every question in the book.

"What?" She turned in my direction, glaring at me because I had stared a little long.

"Nothing... You were just so cool..." I murmured, since she wasn't the typical girl or guy in town.

"Thanks, not many think I'm cool, they think I'm a bitch." Nova smiles, reaching out her hand to me.

We shook hands as she reminded me of Kai Lockhart, where they maybe related?

"I'm Nova Lockhart." She told me her name as we released our hands from each other.

I was right, she had the same last name as Kai.

"You're related to Kai? He's a nice guy, very chill to talk to." I say, seeing a few similarities between them, like their hazel eyes.

"I love my brother, he's very easy going, but once somebody pisses him off he becomes like another person." She explains, moving her chair closer to me.

"Really? Hopefully I will never piss him off." I tell her, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"How come I never saw you in class? I have seen you in school but never in math class." I ask, my voice holding no judgement, only curiosity.

"I was actually a dropout because I failed the last year of high school, but my parents forced me to go over my senior year so that I would graduate." Nova answered my question.

"So you're nineteen?"

"Yes, I'm turning twenty next year."

"Cool."

"So, are you going to the party at the pack house?" She inquired, her gaze was glued on me.

"No, I think I will stay at home." I reply, looking at the math book in front of me.

"Why not? You can join me and my friends, they would be happy to meet you, you can bring along your friends." She says, her voice holding no malice.

Haha, I only have one friend and that's Ash.

"I don't know..."

"We don't know each other very well, but If you want to get to know me, here's my phone number, so call me if you change your mind." She hands me a piece of paper as the bell rings at that exact moment.

She waves goodbye before heading out of math class, I look at the piece of number on my hand, and it was weird that I had made a new friend.

For the first time in three years, I felt excited to have possibly made a new friend since I only had one friend before.

Hopefully, everything would turn out to be okay, and that there would be no backstabbing.