23 | The Alpha king's mate

| Elliott |

"It's good that you got here on time, or else you could have died." The pack doctor explained to Ash, who had gotten the antidote, and he had been in surgery.

It had been two days since we saw the Alpha king, and my best friend was wide awake, but he was seated to the pain, or else he couldn't bear it. 

"Your hand is healing very slowly, it will take two months for you to heal." The man says, looking through his notes, as he hadn't missed anything.

"You will have to be hospitalized for two weeks, we need to monitor your condition."

"Thank you doctor," His parents thanked the man before he walked out of the hospital room.

Ash's parents were by his side, but they looked angry once he left the room. "How can you be so stupid? You got yourself hurt, and you disrespected the Alpha king!"

The parents scolded him for a few minutes until they finally left the room.

"What happened that evening?" I asked him, sitting down on a chair.

"The Alpha king is my mate." He confessed in a hoarse voice.

"W-What?" I barely got the words out.

"I couldn't follow you into the room because there was this heavy scent coming from the Alpha king until my inner wolf spoke the words mate." Tears welled in his eyes as he spoke about his mate.

He shook his head, glancing at his bandaged hand. "Then he was about to shoot you and I hated him so much..."

Ash shut his eyes, tears slipped out of the corners until he stood up from the hospital bed.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I stood up from my chair since my best friend had dragged himself out of bed.

"You can't get out of bed, you almost died from the blood loss and silver poison!" I spoke in a worried voice.

"I need to see him with or without you, Elliott." Ash responds, plugging himself away from the heart monitor and the IV.

I knew there was no room left for me to argue since his parents couldn't even stop him, they begged him to stay in the hospital, but he shook his head.

Ash was an adult, he could do whatever he wanted.

That's why I called Nova and Kai to pick us up from the hospital and drive us to the pack house.

Thankfully for the pack doctor who ordered another doctor to come with us. His name was Nico, a friend of Damian, and he would accompany us on the small trip.

Twenty minutes passed by until Kai and Nova arrived. Kai carried Ash in his arms, putting him in the backseat.

Nova took a wheelchair and placed it in the back, since Ash was too weak to walk on his own.

The entire ride to the pack house was tense, I was terrified of my best friend dying since he looked pale and sick.

When we finally arrived at the pack house, two bodyguards stopped the van since they needed our identification.

Once they got what they needed, we were allowed inside as Kai parked the van in the driveway. We stepped out of the van as Nova got the wheelchair for Ash.

I pushed my best friend in the wheelchair as Nova and Kai waited outside the pack house, only Nico followed us inside, in case something happened to Ash.

We made our way inside the house as I pushed my best friend towards the living room, where Natasha Petrov and her baby sat on the couch along with her mother, and Anna.