28 | You fucking psychopath

| Elliott |

I woke up on a hospital bed because I had survived my suicide attempt.

I was lying on a hospital bed, an IV inserted in my hand, but I wanted to pull the needle out of me.

I didn't want to live whenever I thought about Damian and Mia.

The door opened to the hospital room, and it was my best friend who stepped inside, his eyes were wide when he saw me awake.

"You have been gone for the past five days..." Ash mumbles, walking over to me and taking a seat.

"What happened?" Ash asked, his voice was gentle since he didn't seem to have any idea.

"Nothing." I answered, pulling the IV from my hand in a careless manner. 

I got out of the hospital bed, the heart monitor I had been connected to started to beep in a single line because I had pushed the monitor on the floor.

"Where are you going?" He asked, standing from the chair like he didn't want me to leave the room.

"I'm going to run away from here, since that's my specialty." I replied, taking off my hospital gown and putting on the clothes which were set aside for me on a table.

"You're not allowed to leave, you're on suicide watch. Damian has people watching over you after he found you with your wrists slit." He explained, but I didn't listen.

I had already put on my clothes, which were a pair of dark sweatpants and a gray hoodie.

"YOU ALMOST FUCKING DIED!" He shouted, his voice was filled with pain and tears were falling from the corner of his eyes.

"I almost lost my FUCKING best friend, I almost lost you and I wanted to die with you..." He sobbed into his palms, he was broken.

"The pack doctor thought there was no hope for you, but you made it out alive... I don't want you to die, you are my best friend, how could I live without you?" Ash looked at me, his eyes red and swollen.

"I wish that I had died..." I mumbled, staring at my bandages that covered my entire forearm, but I covered the bandages with the sleeves of my hoodie.

"Why do I have to live...? Nobody at school likes me, I've been bullied everyday ever since I started my first year of high school. My adopted mother doesn't like me, she has thrown me like I was a piece of garbage. The person who's supposed to be my mate is going to have a family with another person..."

I stared at the floor, my voice started to grow blurry because I was expressing my honest feelings to my best friend.

"My heart is breaking... I don't think I can repair my heart..." I wiped tears off from my eyes, staring at the floor because I know that my best friend carried a devastated expression.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner...? You could have died, and I wouldn't have known about your feelings..." His voice breaks since he feels bad for me.

"That wouldn't change my life, but taking my own life would have changed something." I tell him, but my best friend only starts to cry harder.

"You are a good friend to me, Ash. However, you should get a better best friend because I'm not worthy of you, I will end up killing myself one day." I say with a small smile on my face.

"Why do you want to die? I know life is shit, but you were always so strong, what happened?" He urged for the truth.

"Damian knocked up Mia, he's going to have a family that I want no part of at all." I confessed to him, feeling like shit.

I didn't hear his reply before I made my way out of the hospital room.

There were two pack members standing and watching the door to my room, but they didn't notice me sneaking out, since I was good at running away.

I hurried out of the hospital, and I covered my face with the hood of the hoodie or else somebody would recognize me since people had noticed how much time I spent with Damian.

I had no idea where I should go, but I thought about getting food from the diner.

I had a few bucks in the pockets of my sweatpants, so that was good.

It took ten minutes until I reached the cozy diner on the side of town, there were a few people in the diner, chatting and having a pleasant time.

I entered the diner and nobody had recognized me yet. I looked through the menu on the wall, thinking deeply about what I should eat.

I ended up ordering a hamburger with fries since it was cheap and simple.

"Young man, if you want a cup of coffee you can take how much you like, the same goes with tea." The waitress passed by me, thinking I was a tourist.

I thanked her, glancing at the newly brewed coffee and boiling water for tea that was on a table across the room.

I didn't want coffee or tea right now, so I went and sat down in a booth after ordering a hamburger with fries.

I kept my head low, but there are always people who will recognize you.

"Oh my god... You fucking psychopath." Sophia's voice startled me.

She had just entered the diner and had caught the sight of me, taking a seat in front of me.

"You will go to jail for what you did to me, you almost sent me to jail!" She says, but I don't look at her, not out of fear but anger.

"Now that my older sister, Mia, has secured the position as the future Luna of the Moonlight pack, it will be easy getting rid of you." She slurps on her milkshake that she had gotten from another diner.

"Mia is carrying the Alpha's child, and Damian Reed is happy about the news. They are even throwing the couple a celebration party on Saturday night." She looks at me, wanting a reaction.

"Did they already announce her pregnancy?" I mumbled to myself, but Sophia took it as a question.

"Last night, they announced the news of her pregnancy. The entire pack is talking about the topic, everybody is talking that my older sister is going to be the future Luna since she's carrying the Alpha's pup." She explained, sounding very pleased.

"I'm going to be related to werewolf Royalty!" She exclaimed excitedly.

Suddenly, Sophia's demeanor changed. "Also, I want to thank you for trying to take your own life, you did finally listen to my words. I can say that nobody in school missed you, nobody talked about you at all..."

She laughed, leaving the booth, heading to the cashier to order food.

She thinks I did it for her, how did she come to that conclusion and how do people know about my suicide attempt? 

I couldn't contain my rage as I left the booth and headed towards the table with the teakettle filled with boiling water.

I hurried towards Sophia with the teakettle in my hand, standing in front of her. "Sophia?"

"Yes?" She turned to look at me, thinking it was somebody else who called her name.

"Oh, it's only you."

"Have you ever been to hell?" I questioned her, holding tightly into the teakettle.

"What?" She scowled, glaring at me

This was the perfect moment to throw the tea kettle all over her face, not feeling an ounce of remorse for the girl.

She screamed in utter agony while I smiled at her, I had never felt such joy in my life.

I took the teakettle with me as I ran out of the diner, running with all my might before the pack warriors would chase me for hurting the spoiled brat.

Thankfully, nobody saw my face since I avoided eye contact with everyone.