1 | My stepbrother is my mate

| Elliott |

My stepbrother is my mate, an alpha.

He's hot, cruel and a total player, jumping between girls in college because he's afraid of having a mate.

He thinks having a mate is useless, something that is only a burden for an alpha like him.

Though, his father, who's currently my stepfather, has always said to him that he would regret sleeping around since that would break his mate's heart.

His father was not wrong, my heart is slowly breaking as I hear my stepbrother brining a girl home and fucking her in his bedroom upstairs.

I glance at the white ceiling, since it's slightly creaking because my stepbrother is fucking a girl from the pack.

"Damian, fuckkk me harder!" The girl moaned, and the ceiling began to creak more violently.

"Mia, wrap your legs around me..." My stepbrother who was my mate groaned in utter pleasure.

"Like this?"

"That's right, good girl..."

I swallowed down the lump in my throat, I couldn't stand listening to the man who was supposed to be my mate, fucking somebody else.

It's like breaking a mate's violation, it's like cheating on your destined partner.

I had always dreamed of my mate because I wanted somebody to love me on those days when it was hard to love myself.

I thought that when I found my mate, it would be a special moment, but it was not.

After I found my mate with another girl, I had run away and slept over at my best friend's place before returning home tonight, sneaking through the window.

Though I wondered if my stepbrother knew that we were mates, he was twenty-two and I had only turned eighteen.

Yesterday, I turned eighteen, but nobody knew my real birthday since my mother had adopted me. 

My biological parents had left me when I was a baby in the cold winter and later died in an accident.

Serves them right. 

My adoptive mother had always celebrated my birthday at the end of September, when my birthday was actually on the 1st October. 

I didn't tell her because I didn't know myself, until I saw Damian and my inner wolf started crying out the word, "Mate."

My wolf had never cried that way in my mind. I had seen my stepbrother two weeks ago during my birthday party, but my wolf was silent since we didn't know yet.

You only can find your mate once both of you have turned eighteen, that explains why I didn't find my mate when I celebrated my eighteen birthday in spring.

I thought I was a lost cause, a useless omega who didn't have a mate, but I was wrong, I had a mate and it was the worst case scenario. 

Out of all the people in my life, why did my stepbrother have to be my mate?

Thankfully our parents weren't mates, they had just dated for a bit and gotten married four years ago, but still, it was weird that my stepbrother was my mate. 

I could admit that I had always had a bit of a crush on him, I always admired him from afar, but he had never looked my way.

Maybe that was already a sign that we were mates because sometimes whenever I looked at him, I couldn't tear my gaze off him. 

But my stepbrother, Damian Reed, has always tended to avoid me, sometimes he pretended like I didn't even exist.

He has always been mad at his father for marrying another woman after his mother had died, he held a deep grudge against his father. 

"Ohhhh fuckkkkk..." The girl moaned, the walls were thin as I could hear them.

I hid myself under the bed covers, trying to block the sexual noises out, why did our parents have to go on a vacation for an entire month now?

Why couldn't our parents have waited a little bit? I'm now stuck with my stepbrother, since he has been ordered to take care of me for an entire month. 

Originally, he has his own place near his college, and he rarely comes home, twice a year at most, but now I'm stuck with him for a month.

I'm stuck with him for an entire month, right after I found out that he's my mate.

We are supposed to mark each other, be together for the rest of our lives, how would that even work for us?

My stepbrother, Damian, ignores me like I'm a dead man, and he goes sleeping around with countless young women. 

How can this turn into a happy ending?