32 | I was ready to die with him

| Damian |

"Why the fuck did you hurt Elliott?" I demanded an answer from Mia Nash, who was carrying my child, a baby girl.

We were in my office after we had gotten back from school. She was sitting on the couch, her head was hanging low.

"He hurt me, he tried to punch my belly." She says through her tears, but I don't believe in her.

I don't like Mia Nash and I regret sleeping with her since that had cost my mate, who I couldn't get into contact with.

Elliott's phone was turned off, he didn't answer my calls or my texts. I couldn't get through him from our bond, he had thrown me aside.

But at least he was alive.

That day on New Year's Eve when my mate tried to kill himself, that pain was unbearable because I was prepared to die with him.

I wanted to slit my own wrists and die with him.

"Mia, get out of my office, and don't come unless I ask you too. I have already assigned somebody to take care of you and the baby, they will meet your needs because you won't get anything from me." I made it very clear to her, but she never respected my boundaries.

"It took two of us to make this child!" She yelled on the top of her lungs, standing up from the couch.

"Yeah, and are you sleeping on the streets? No, you have the financial support from me, you and the child will be taken care of, don't ask for anything else." I told her, but only more tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Why can't I be your Luna?! Why can't you marry me? We can live happily together, I can be a good wife and meet your needs. I have already met one of your needs, which is to carry an heir. We're going to have a daughter next month, and you will fall in love with me once you see what a beautiful baby we have created!"

Her words were clawing on my skin, I hated her voice and her face.

I walked over to Mia, my steps careful and slow, like hunting down a prey. I stopped in front of her, looming over her small frame.

I wrapped one hand around her throat, I could crush her neck if I wanted to. "Mia Nash, If your family hurts Elliott again, I will kill you after you give birth to my daughter. I have no affection for you or respect. I don't care what delusions you have about us, but you have to stop before I snap your neck in two."

"You mean nothing to me, your only worth is that you're carrying my child, and you can fuck off from the pack since you wouldn't be a good mother."

Her eyes went wide with fear since she knew I was serious about killing her.

I let go of her throat and she hurried out of my office.

At that moment, my dad walked inside, he was holding my little sister in his arms, Kate Reed.

Anna had given birth to her, she had signed her rights over when my dad gave her a lot of money, but she had to stay away from us, and she was happy to do so.

She only cared about the money, she didn't care about my little sister. The moment Kate was born, Anna almost threw the baby out of bed, since she didn't want a child.

My dad sits down on the couch as my little sister is asleep on his chest.

"Dad,"

"Yes, son?"

"Can you take care of my daughter when she's born? I don't want her anywhere close to the Nash family. Mia is mentally unstable and insane, she's not fit to be a mother when all she talks about is becoming a Luna."

My dad sighed, but he was carrying a soft expression in his eyes. "Yes, I can take care of her, you don't need to ask me, she's my grandchild."

"Have you thought about names?" He asked, since he was excited about having his first grandchild, he will spoil my daughter.

"I have a few names written down, but I think her name will be Willow. It was my mom's middle name, Alice Willow Reed." I say my entire mom's name out loud.

"She would have loved it," My dad sniffles, since the topic of my mom is difficult for him.

"I know, dad." I stare at my little sister and I hope that my daughter gets along with her, they might even become best friends.

Suddenly a thought pops up in my mind.

"How was your relationship with your own dad, the late Alpha king? I know that he was in a similar situation as Alek Petrov. He didn't find his mate after he had gotten married and had a child." I questioned my dad.

My grandpa was the late Alpha king who didn't find his mate and married my grandma to not lose his title. But then his mate showed up, Alek's mother.

My dad went on to explain, "It was a difficult relationship since he was a cold man until his mate showed up. He treated me with respect, but I could always feel the gap between my half-siblings. He loved them on another level, Alek, Mila, Nina, my half-siblings were his world."

I felt bad to hear that, but I had also seen it with my own eyes whenever I came to visit my grandad, he always left my dad out.

"But I can say that having a child with your own mate is another experience. I cried more than your mom did when you were born. I went on my knees and thanked her for being in my life and loving me." He confessed, glancing at my little sister for a second.

"What are you saying?"

"If Elliott ever comes back to you, and you have a child with him. Once the child is born, you can try to say to yourself that you love all your children equally, but you don't love them equally. Having a mate with your child cannot compare to anything else."

"Why are you telling me this, dad?" I went on to sit behind my desk, deep in thought about having a child with my mate.

If I had a child with Elliott, I think my heart would burst, just thinking about Elliott makes my heart burst.

"So that your children don't start fighting with each other, they should be good friends instead of getting jealous of one another." My dad says, and he's concerned since he doesn't want me to neglect my daughter.

"I won't neglect my daughter, I'm her dad and I know what it's like when you-" you don't have a dad by your side, is what I wanted to say, but I held back, I didn't want to fight.

"What if your mate can't accept your daughter? Can you tell your mate to go to hell?" My dad asked, not to piss me off, but he didn't want his grandchild to feel left behind.

"I-" I didn't know what to say.

"What if your mate lays a hand on our daughter? Will you throw him into a cell?" My dad continues on to ask.

"I don't know..." I whisper, as I didn't know what I would do.

"I heard that Elliott threw boiling water at Sophia's face, how knows what he will do to your daughter-" I cut him short by slamming my fist on my desk.

"Elliott was bullied for three years, he almost lost his leg because of Sophia and you didn't even help him, so show him some respect!" I raised my voice, since I didn't like when people disrespected Elliott.

My little sister woke up, she started to wail, and my dad made his way out of the office or else we would go into a fight.

I leaned against the armchair, wondering how Elliott was doing, and if he was missing me how much I was missing him.  

I glanced at the red box on my desk, which had a ring inside the box, an engagement ring for Elliott.

I hoped that he would one day want to see the house which is finished. I haven't stepped a foot inside the place since I had built it all for him, but he wasn't even by my side.

Elliott, where are you?