22 | The Alpha King

| Elliott |

Three weeks have passed since the incident with Richard and Anna.

Damian has abandoned his Alpha duties. He has disappeared from earth, his phone is off along with the mate bond. 

I haven't seen him for the past three weeks and I have never felt so miserable. 

After that incident, Damian dropped me off at my best friend's house. He had asked for Ash's parents to take care of me until he returned, which they agreed to. 

Halloween had passed with me crying myself into the pillow as my best friend had to comfort me.

No matter how much I cried, the pain never went away, I needed my mate.

"That damn Alpha king! He's such a fucking bitch!" Ash was angry since he didn't like sad endings. 

"Why did he sign a contract without thinking? What an idiot." He grits his teeth, since he knows everything about my situation.

"I know, I tried to set up a meeting with the Alpha king, but I can't since I'm not somebody important, my matters are not important enough." I sniffled in my best friend's lap.

We were laying in bed, my head was on his lap as he ran his fingers through my blonde hair. 

"Fuck him! And fuck your mother too!" Ash says with anger in his voice.

"Damian tried to contact the Alpha king, but he got shut away, I think he's searching for another solution to break the contract or else we can't be together by the Alpha king's law." I explained, since Damian had tried to contact the king when we were in the car, before he left town. 

"We can't be together until then, or else the penalty would be the death sentence." I confessed to my best friend, barely holding myself together.

"Anna went to the Alpha king with a contract about you and Damian. The contract stated that you can't be together or else you would face the death penalty?" Ash mumbles out of shock. 

"Yes..." 

"That's disgusting! You have done nothing wrong! You're both victims in their mess. I had high hopes for the king, but he's a piece of shit, when I see him, he will see my fist." Ash tried to comfort me in his own ways. 

I smiled through my tears until I felt sick for some strange reason. I jumped off the bed and puked my guts out in the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" Ash questioned, since I never got a stomach flu.

"Yes, I'm okay, I think being sad for too long makes my body sick." I mumbled, heading to the sink and splashing some water on my face.

"Then we should do something!" Ash says once I come out of the bathroom.

"Do what?" I feel awful, it was a long time since I puked. 

"I heard that the Alpha king had delayed his visit since Damian had left the pack for a while, but he rescheduled for today." Ash wears a smug smile on his face.

"We should totally crash their gathering at the pack house! Damian's dad and Anna are going to have dinner with the most important pack members." Ash explains, as he was already getting dressed.

"What can we do?" I ask, feeling hopeless since all I want is my mate.

"We're going to sneak inside pack houses and observe the situation." Ash puts on a dark blue hoodie since it's cold during the evening.

I don't argue because I only want my mate, but if there's something I can do to see Damian again, I would do it.

We dress in more formal clothes as we sneak out of the window. We take our bikes and ride towards the pack house.