Chapter 4

The next day, Jeonghan and Seungcheol settled into their usual booth at the convenience store, ready for another coding session. Jeonghan was excited, eager to continue building their project and learn more about coding. As they opened their laptops, the comfortable atmosphere felt electric with anticipation.

Meanwhile, Seungcheol's friends, Hansol and Dino, were making their way to the store after school. They were aware of Seungcheol's newfound friendship with Jeonghan, but they hadn't seen them together yet. "I'm curious to see what all this fuss is about," Hansol remarked, nudging Dino playfully.

As they approached, they spotted Seungcheol and Jeonghan deep in conversation, animatedly discussing lines of code and laughing at each other's jokes.

"Look at them," Dino said, his eyes wide with surprise. "Seungcheol looks so different. He's actually smiling!"

"Yeah, I didn't think he could smile that much while coding," Hansol teased. "Let's go say hi."

They walked over, and as they reached the booth, Seungcheol looked up, his eyes widening slightly at the sight of his friends. "Oh! Hey, guys!"

Jeonghan turned, surprise washing over his face as well. "Oh, hey!" he greeted, waving cheerfully. "What brings you here?"

Hansol grinned, leaning against the table. "Just checking in on our favorite computer genius. Heard you've been spending some time with the school's heartthrob."

Seungcheol felt his cheeks warm up, glancing at Jeonghan, who was smirking. "It's not like that," he said quickly, though he couldn't help but feel a hint of pride at being called a "genius" in front of Jeonghan.

Dino leaned in, eyeing the laptop screen. "What are you guys working on?"

Jeonghan pointed to the screen, feeling a surge of enthusiasm. "We're building a simple website! I'm learning HTML and CSS right now."

Hansol raised an eyebrow, clearly impressed. "Wow, I didn't know you were into coding, Jeonghan. You're full of surprises."

"I know, right?" Jeonghan replied, chuckling. "It's actually a lot of fun! Seungcheol is a great teacher."

Seungcheol felt a warmth spread through him at Jeonghan's praise, but he also noticed how his friends were looking at him, curiosity evident in their eyes.

"So, what's the deal? Are you two, like, best buddies now?" Hansol asked, his tone teasing but friendly.

Jeonghan exchanged a glance with Seungcheol, both of them unsure how to respond. "We're just friends, but I really enjoy spending time with him," Jeonghan said, a hint of sincerity in his voice.

Seungcheol nodded, feeling a little more comfortable. "Yeah, it's been cool getting to know Jeonghan outside of school. He's not just a pretty face, you know?"

Dino laughed, nudging Seungcheol. "Ooh, shots fired! What's next? Are you going to start gushing about his singing abilities?"

Seungcheol's eyes widened, and he quickly shook his head, though he felt a flicker of admiration for Jeonghan's talent. "No, no, I just think he's really interesting."

~

As the banter continued, Jeonghan felt an unexpected sense of belonging. Hansol and Dino were lively, and their teasing felt warm rather than judgmental. They were bringing a different energy to the table, and he was intrigued by how comfortable Seungcheol seemed around them.

"So, can we watch you code?" Hansol asked, curiosity evident on his face.

Jeonghan exchanged a glance with Seungcheol, who shrugged. "Sure! Just be prepared for my coding struggles," he replied with a laugh.