Chapter 6

Seungcheol's mind was spinning as he made his way down the empty hallway, every step a painful reminder of the beating he had just taken. His ribs ached with every breath, and the blood still trickled from the corner of his mouth. He needed help, but more than that, he needed someone to understand. Jeonghan had to know the full extent of what Jaehyun was doing. This had gone too far.

By the time Seungcheol reached the school's front entrance, the campus was almost deserted. The sky outside had turned a deep orange, signaling that dusk was setting in. He pulled out his phone, hesitating for a moment before opening Jeonghan's contact. He'd avoided him for so long, trying to keep him out of harm's way, but now he realized that was impossible. With trembling hands, he typed a short message:

"Can we talk? It's important."

As he hit send, Seungcheol leaned against the wall, trying to catch his breath, hoping Jeonghan would respond quickly. The minutes dragged on, and Seungcheol felt his anxiety rising, wondering if he should have said more, wondering if he had the strength to explain everything.

Just as he was about to give up and head home, his phone buzzed.

Jeonghan: "Of course. Where are you?"

Seungcheol's heart pounded in his chest. He texted back quickly:

"I'm still at school. Outside near the gates."

He hadn't expected Jeonghan to show up so soon, but barely ten minutes later, Seungcheol spotted him approaching from the other side of the courtyard. As always, Jeonghan stood out with his long hair flowing behind him and his effortless grace. But this time, there was something different in his expression—concern, deep concern, etched into his usually calm features.

When Jeonghan saw Seungcheol leaning against the gate, bruised and battered, his eyes widened in shock. He rushed over, his face a mixture of worry and anger.

"Seungcheol, what happened to you?" Jeonghan demanded, his voice filled with alarm as he scanned the bruises on Seungcheol's face and the way he winced with every breath.

Seungcheol struggled to find the right words, his voice hoarse. "It was Jaehyun. He didn't stop, Jeonghan... He's—he's been worse."

Jeonghan's face darkened, his eyes narrowing as he clenched his fists. "What did he do? How long has this been going on?"

Seungcheol shook his head, the weight of everything pressing down on him. "He attacked me today. Said it was because I'm 'stealing you' from him. He's obsessed with you, Jeonghan. I've been trying to stay away, but it doesn't matter. He won't stop."

Jeonghan's expression turned deadly serious. "This is more than jealousy. He crossed a line."

Seungcheol looked down, feeling the familiar sting of shame creeping in. "I didn't want you to get involved. I thought maybe if I stayed away, he'd leave me alone. But he won't. He's not going to stop."

Jeonghan took a deep breath, his voice filled with quiet anger. "You shouldn't have had to go through this alone, Seungcheol. I'm so sorry. I didn't know how bad it was."

"I didn't want to bother you," Seungcheol mumbled. "I thought you had enough to deal with."

Jeonghan stepped closer, his eyes softening as he gently placed a hand on Seungcheol's shoulder. "You're my friend. Of course, I care about what happens to you. This isn't just about me. It's about how Jaehyun thinks he can control people with fear. And that stops now."

Seungcheol glanced up, feeling a flicker of hope. "What are you going to do?"

Jeonghan's eyes blazed with determination. "I'm going to make sure Jaehyun regrets ever laying a finger on you."