*|46|*

Don't ask why I updated, just accept that I did for some unknown reason even foreign to me.

*|Sam|*

Tick tock went the grandfather clock as I stood awkwardly in the parlor with Bloomy standing at the opposite end of the room and Crowly lounging on the love seat with a book in hand. I listened to the smooth mellifluous voice of Luna fooling the Lady of the house and charming her with her wits. Even ill she knows how to woo the obstacles and trick the fools.

I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of fabric rubbing against skin but mentally growled when I heard the servants, the cooks laughing and chatting away in the kitchens disrupting me. I tried to keep the image of her dressing herself in my head. I shouldn't be wasting my time with such thoughts but the effect the woman has one me is enough to make me believe I can love none other.

"What happened to you last night Mr Nightly?" Curtis brought me out of my thoughts. I turned and stared blankly at him.

Crowly snickered tossing the book to the floor. I imagined Charles shedding a tear for such a disrespectful act. "I don't care what happened to him. Luna is the one that disappeared running towards the beast."

"Will you ever get over that delusion?" Bloomy hissed. I perked my brow at the both of them.

"I'm telling you she's his little whore."

My blood boiled as I stared at the little man. The pitiful despicable pest.

Curtis turned on Crowly. "Be quiet for once in your life." Yes boy, take Bloomy's advice.

"No," the boy turned to me, or turned his head as his he hung his leg over the armrest. He seemed at such ease, but could feel the arrogance, it radiated off him like a heatwave. "What do you think?" Crowly suddenly asked me.

"Evan that's enough!" Crowly didn't seem to care that Bloomy was turning red with humiliation or anger. He stood up and waltzed right up to me as if I could possibly agree to his notions.

"What do you think Mr Nightly? Isn't it suspicious that a girl called Luna- the name of the second in command, the mate of an alpha wolf, the name of a bitch. Is running towards the beast and goes missing on a full moon night, then defends the wolf when a man of God is trying to protect his people..." Man of God? Who the preacher?

"I don't believe you were there when that man of God preached his nonsense." I replied my lips forming a thin line to hold back the fangs lengthening from my gums.

"There were plenty of rumors." Crowly grinned slyly. "Of that embarrassing event... There are plenty suspicions about her you know. Not just from me either plenty of people are suspicious of that witch."

"Quiet down boy." I growled. My hands clenched tight into fists till my knuckles turned white and my claws pierced the flesh. I, as a wolf, was appalled, furious that such a low level man, doesn't matter what title he bloody carries could talk about a woman like that.

And he just couldn't seem to stop. Once he was going, there was no stopping that cart from rolling down the hill. "She is obviously protecting the monster. I bet she's even spread her legs for it like an evil little succubi... All because she wants to be a demon hound herself."

My hand snapped out lifting the boy up on his toes by his collar and I slammed him down into the floor keeping a firm grip and spat all over his face. "Shut up! Shut up!" Bloomy didn't dare come in his defense and I saw the monster I was reflecting in his teary eyes. "You disgust me, the way you talk about people as if you know a thing about them!" The reflection of myself in his watery eyes frightened me so. I tried to calm myself down by sucking in a deep breath and thinking of Luna, if she were to see me now, what would she think? "You will never talk about her like that in fact I better not hear another wrong word spit out of that mouth or I will rip out your tongue."

"Curtis... Help..." Evan whimpered trying to pry my hand from his throat. All instincts tell me to clench and snap his neck save the rest of the world from the headache.

"You insult her again and I will be forced to act out in her defense. She has more courage and strength of mind than you will ever have. She went out to fight the beast and protect your people." I inched my face closer to his holding back a wicked laugh when I saw all these drops of my saliva dripping on his face. "Where were you?" He made inhuman cries of fear when I let him go and backed away breathing harshly. I am not finished but Bloomy had his rapier out and the silver burned even just looking at it.

Instinct is ordering me to protect myself, to lash out first before I'm hit but I simply sat down on the armchair resting my feet up on their little table. "Planning on skewing me?"

"Would you like to hold it?" He offered with a suspicious smile. My smile faltered.

"Are you insane?" Crowly hissed leaping behind Curtis. No, he is clever, I touch the silver I burn and prove my existence. I don't touch it, I'm a suspicious threat, also proving my existence. Mr Bloomy knows what I am, so why doesn't he call me out?

"I overstayed my welcome." I felt Luna's presence nearing to our ground level. "Take care of her Bloomy. Unless you want me to come back." He stood as stiff as a statue piercing his eyes into my own with the rapier up and ready. I escaped through another doorway to the hallway leading right to the entrance.

I opened it. "Mr Nightly?" An older reflection of Luna stood with her pudgy husband and their daughter Ella stunned. And all I can think is... Luna is going to steal Curtis's rapier and skewer me herself.

"M-m-my lady Mystique." I stuttered. Why did I hang around?

Ella squinted at me. "We've met? Haven't we?"

"Ella don't make small talk with the servants please." Mr Mystique grumbled barely sparing me a glance.

"Darling Mr Nightly is not a serv..." His wife began.

"Well step out of the way." The father barked. I fell away holding the door open for them but the mother stayed behind to stare at me. God she looks like Luna, and I noticed that Luna looks nothing like her father.

"Come along Mr Nightly. I apologize for my husband."

"I-I-I..." I stuttered.

"Come along!"

Are all women in this family incredibly bossy?

VOTE COMMENT SHARE!!

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOKS!!