*|26|*

© Claimed By Him ~ Elektra Orfanos

*|Luna|*

The pee smelling alleyway still looks cleaner than the entire street and it's darker almost like a tunnel to the underworld. The little girl has that disgusting man running after her and I felt heart stay lodged in my throat.

"Help!" She screamed. I ran faster and my muscles tensed when she slipped and fell smacking her face into the stone ground. "Please Monsieur! Please don't." She begged crawling back against the wall while his eyes glared down at her filled with a lustful hunger.

I took off one heel and threw it at his head almost knocking him over. "Leave her alone you pig!" He didn't get much time to register what just happened because the girl had kicked out at his shin then ran towards me falling and grabbing my skirt. "Don't let him take me." She sobbed on me. "Don't let him have me again." Anger began to surge through my veins like boiling hot lava but also fear,  the fear being a cold mist moistening my skin.

I'm defenceless against him, the disgusting leech but I'm too furious to care.

I placed a comforting hand on the young weeping girl's back. "You coward." I hissed.

"What do you care?" He asked his eyes staring at the wall rather than at me. "You're a wealthy bitch why would you care about what happens to the girl?" He dared to take a step closer. I tightened my grip on her shoulder.

"What kind of question is that?" I spat horrified.

"Oh we have pure heart Cordelia." He suddenly said in rough whisper. "It's been awhile since we've had one of those."

"Such a pretty one to." The girl replied her eyes darkening to black depth less pits. "We're lucky we got to her first." Her fingers played with one of my ringlets. I turned cold towards her.

"What-w..." I stuttered. The man's neck snapped unnaturally so it looked broken but he stared at me with sharp toothed smile except he isn't really staring, his eyes are gone.

"What's the matter Luna? Are you scared?" His mouth stretched to his ears in a demonic smile.

"How do you know my name?"

The voice inside my head began to scream Run! Save yourself you stupid girl! I began to start moving backwards but the little girl's hand locked onto my arm.

"No stay you don't want the big scary man to hurt me." She laughed. I ripped my arm from her grip staggering back. "Oh Maurice look now she thinks she can run away." The girl started to deform. Her body snapping and changing into something big and monstrous and soon the man began to do the same.

This is what I get for being good.

Well I can assure everyone I will never be good again.

"Why is it always me?" I complained to myself then turned around to bolt. Seriously I get the demon wolf claiming right over me as if I'm property, then another wolf claiming to lurk around me for the rest of my existence and now two demons claiming my pure heart.

Mortal men have enough trouble trying to claim that.

Somehow the alleyway extended or they must have led me very far away which makes more sense than buildings widening because I'm running and running and not even getting close to escape. The smell of smoke coated the air and consequently I glared over my shoulder only to trip, I slid across the wet concrete and scratching my hands. I froze staring straight ahead as the smell of burning coal became strong and I felt someone's face come up next to mine. I know if I look at it, it will be the death of me but I don't need to look at it to know it has a face of burning ash.

"Look at me Luna." It whispered not giving away its gender. It began to crawl around me to try and get me to see it but I rolled away and leaned back against the wall covering my face. "Luna... look at us. We know you want to."

"I do." I breathed a mist drowning my mind making me hazy. I soon snapped out of it. "No!"

"One little peek."

"Leave me alone." I screamed.

"Cordelia this is taking too long and I'm so hungry."

The back of my hands became scorching hot and I screeched whipping them away. Both smokey, fire blazing demons screamed then launched their fangs at my face. Those last few seconds I accepted death.

~*~*~

A ringlet was gently moved off my face behind my ear. I didn't dare smack the hand away. The flesh on my hands stinging. "Don't toy with me." I said shakily.

"Luna. Open your eyes." A soft masculine voice whispered.

"I don't want to." I whimpered like a child. 

"They're gone."

"What if you're Maurice trying to trick me?"

"If my mother ever named me Maurice I promise you I would have killed myself a long time ago." My eyes seemed to open themselves and they met Sam's humorous face. I almost thought I was imagining him when I saw him slipping on my shoe like Prince Charming.

"Where have you been?" I asked using the wall to help me stand despite he pain then I leaned back on it searching for the monsters.

"Oh did you miss me?" He smirked.

I looked at him incredulously. What if they come back? Why did they leave? Did he really scare them off? "You said I was stuck with you and then you disappeared."

"So you did miss me." He whispered right at face making frown and side step away.

"Get off your high horse Sam." I growled. Then my eyes started to tear up and I threw my arms around him thankful of his annoying existence. "But thank you for finding me." I sniffled.

"You were really scared." He wrapped his arms tightly around me. "I thought you were fearless after dealing with him."

"I am everything else but fearless." I sobbed.

"Lucky you have me then." You are the living proof that a beast can be good. I kept that to myself though and warily searched the alley for any signs of smoke.

I pulled away slightly satisfied and keeping my arms around him. "I don't understand how did you find me?"

"You a have distinct scent."

"You were tracking me?" I perked one of my eyebrows slightly suspicious.

He opened his mouth. Nothing came out for a few seconds. "Let's get you out of the alley before you attracted something else unpleasant." He offered me his arm. I showed him my hands and with the gory sight of them he was more determined to get me out of there.

Not the longest chapter in the world I know but I hope you enjoyed it either way. If you did vote, if you did not comment on how annoying I am. :p 

Ba-bye xxx