Promises

C h i l o m b o, E f u r u

After Robyn came back from the bathroom, she was distant from me. She was quieter than usual and she didn't engage in conversation.

It was close to 2am when I pulled her into the kitchen. I chewed on the inside of my cheek while I cleaned off the counter. I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect when I ask her about how she's acting.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked, as I stacked the red cups and threw them into the large trash bag.

She shrugged. "That was a question."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "W-what did I do to get such a ... mean attitude from you?!" I wasn't used to arguments and confrontation so I was praying that I didn't make a fool of myself right now.

"We don't know much about each other. There's a lot we gotta talk about." She said, her eyes were fierce as she stared at me.

"You were fine before.... Why is it a bad thing? Isn't that the point of dating is to learn something new everyday?" I didn't look away from her gaze. I had to show I wasn't scared of her, even though I was terrified of the situation.

"That's true, but if children are involved, that should be one of the first things someone knows!" She slammed her hands against the counter causing me to jump.

My mouth dropped open and I felt as if I was going to melt into a puddle of milk. "H-How did you... Who ..."

I felt my blood boil within my veins.

Why would one of those girls in the other room feel the need to discuss my personal business? Why would they talk about my daughter of all things?!

"What? You not going to explain?" Robyn pushed.

"You should go wait in my room." I said as I stormed into the living room. I unplugged the radio. The four girls all stopped talking to look at me. Gia began to talk but I raised my hand to stop her. "All of you need to get out of my apartment." I was calm. There was no hesitation in my voice.

"What? Why?" Gia asked.

"I don't know which one of you decided that talking to Robyn about my personal life was okay... But right now I don't want to see any of you. What goes on in our relationship shouldn't matter to any of you. One of you crossed the line and quite frankly I don't give a flying pig which one of you it was. All of you can leave." I pointed at the door. They all looked at me in shock and I felt pride swell in my heart. I stood up for myself and I was proud.

"Jhe-"

"GET OUT OF  MY APARTMENT!" I shouted, stomping my foot for dramatics.

They grabbed their things and left. Tiana was still seated on the couch though.

"That included you."

"This is my apartment too." She rolled her eyes and began heading to her room.

"It's in my name. You can spend the night somewhere else tonight." I tilted my head. I wanted her to say something back. I had ammunition and right now I was a ticking time bomb.

She looked stunned and quickly turned to leave. When the door shut, I cleaned up to collect my thoughts.

I guess the only thing to do would be to tell the whole story. I'd have to retell the story once again.

Once the living room was straightened up, I walked down the hall to see Robyn sitting on the bed.

"Jhe-"

I cut her off by lifting my hand up. "No. Since so many people are worried about my business, you are going to sit there and listen to everything I have to say." She raised an eyebrow at me before sitting back and motioning for me to continue.

I literally told her everything. I told her how I used to be such a badass kid in high school. I told her about how my parents always argued. I told her how I used to sneak out at night. I told her about the day at the park. I told her about the creepy guy who approached me.

Although I was crying through the whole story, I told her about getting raped. I told her about the three men. I told her how I swore off men for the rest of my life.

I had become completely scared of adults for the majority of my life after that incident.

I told her how a few months after the rape I found out I was pregnant and had to retell the story over and over. I had given birth to a baby girl and I named her Namiko. I told her how I couldn't raise the child on my own and so I gave it up for adoption. I told her how they allow me to visit whenever I want.

By the time I finished, I had lost all my courage and pride and was a tired emotional mess.

"So Namiko is the girl from iHop that one day?" Robyn asked.

I nodded. "Yeah." I sighed.

"I'm sorry Kitty." She wrapped her arms around me. "I didn't mean to make you relive that time in your life. I was just jealous at the thought that you had a family with someone else. I'm truly sorry." She pressed a soft kiss against my temple.

"It's okay. I was going to tell you about Nami eventually. I was just trying to build up enough courage." I sighed.

"Can I meet her?" She asked. "Officially?" She added with a smile.

"Of course." I nodded.

"Now," she laid me back on the bed and hovered over me. "Let me ease your pain." She kissed me softly while she slid her hand up my inner thigh.

I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her head down to kiss her deeply.

She pulled back and looked me in my eyes. "I love you."