Day 82

Luke - 

"What one do you think she'll like more? This one, or this one?" I ask Jai, pointing to the two different rings I was debating to get for Rylie. 

"I dunno, Luke. She's your girlfriend, not mine." He sighs, not paying much attention to our conversation. 

"But you're her best friend, hasn't she ever talked about getting married to you?" I look at him, he glances up from his phone and laughs. 

"Are you serious? Why would she talk to me about getting married! I'm the closest one to her besides you in the Janoskians but no, she hasn't talked to me about it. Maybe you should've, I dunno brought Saorise or Taylor. Not me." He rolls his eyes. 

"I wanted Saorise to come but she didn't want to get out of bed, she was too busy cuddling with Beau." 

"Then call Taylor or something." He answers

"She's all the way in Florida, there's no way she'd come up just to go engagement ring shopping with me. Plus, we're not all that close." I run a hand through my hair. 

"Fine. Rylie always said she can hardly wear rings because she gets to distracted with them, why don't you get her the smaller one?" He nods to the small one in the case, I nod and smile at the worker. 

"When should I propose? How should I propose?" I start thinking out loud about the whole plan, even though there honestly wasn't one. 

"I think you should wait until she wakes up, obviously but maybe when she's used to being back and everything?" Jai suggests, I nod and continue thinking about how to say those four words. "You could do it in a simple way or you can make it a huge deal, but I think she'd like it if you went small." He continues. 

"Thank you, for everything. How are things with Taylor? I know you broke up with her, but that doesn't mean you don't talk.. Right?" I change the subject, he lets out a breath and shrugs. 

"She mostly only texts me to see how Rylie is, I think she's still pretty hurt about the whole break up." 

"Why'd you stop seeing her? You've been in a bad mood since you ended things with her." I try to get him to talk. He gives me a look but puts his phone away. 

"Let's just say, I thought I loved her but I love someone else that I can't have and I wanted to get over the girl I'm in love with before I can do anything else." 

"Why do you have to get over her? What's in your way from getting her?" 

"She's engaged to someone else, she only loves me as a brother. The feelings aren't the same." He refuses to make eye contact with me.  

"Call Taylor, I'm sure she'd love to hear from you again without it being about Rylie." I suggest, he shrugs and shakes his head. 

"She fucking hates me since I ended things with her, what am I supposed to do?" He runs a hand through his curls.

"Tell her why you ended things and then explain that you're over the girl, you wanted to get over someone before you can devote all of your love towards Taylor." I say, he rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Devotes all of my love towards Taylor? Jesus, you've been reading too many sad love stories." He shoves me while smiling, something he hasn't done in ages. 

"Oh whatever, girls are into that type of shit. She'll melt right in front of you if you say something like that." He shakes his head. 

"No way, have you met Taylor? She'd know something is up. Thanks anyways, I'll probably just give her a call and ask if we can meet up someplace soon." He pauses for a moment, thinking about what to do with Taylor. 

"There you go sir, I wish you the best of luck." The salesman gives me a wink as he hands me the ring that would soon be on my love's ring finger.

 I just need to figure out how to do it and when to propose to Rylie. How should I do it? Maybe I could put it in her favorite book and when she reads it next, she'll see it and start freaking out. Or maybe I could take her out to one of our shows and propose there, is that too much? I know she's never been a fan of our PDA around our fans, she feels bad because most of them would love to be in her position instead of watching her. What else could I do? Maybe I could put it in a fortune cookie and when she opens it, the fortune can say "Will you marry me?" God, this is so much harder than I thought it would be. 

I sigh and decide that I'll figure out how later, I have a few things to do before I get back with the boys. I'm still trying to talk my manager into letting me see Rylie as soon as I possibly can. I was hoping I could fly back to the house, grab a few things I needed but forgot and then go to her hospital. I wanted to stay for at least two days in San Fran but it doesn't look like management is budging anytime soon. Why is it so difficult? They won't even let me go while I'm on break for two weeks, it's insane. I don't ask for much when it comes to touring, I honestly just want the security to be the best because teenage fangirls are scary and deadly. Right now, I would get attacked by some girls if it meant that I could see my love again. Call me sappy but it's just the truth. 

She needs me now, more than ever and I'm not there for her.

A/N - HI! I finally updated after like two months! I'm so so so so sorry about not updating this one as much as my other story but I'm going to try updating every week or every two weeks. This story has been very difficult for me to write because of writers block and trying to come up with ideas so I apologize if the next few updates are absolute shit. I love you guys and thanks so much for supporting me!