Day 88

Rylie -

Welcome back! Here's what happened last time in case you missed it: 

- Saorise went home

- Daniel freak out because Shawn finally communicated with him

- We were bored out of our freaking minds

Daniel finally left this morning because he said he smelled like trash, he went to go get cleaned up before spending a day out of the hospital. He'd be back later tonight or when visiting hours start tomorrow morning. We're down to twelve more days until we plan on leaving. Luke or Shawn's family? No such luck. We've managed to find things to do around the hospital room or halls without getting too terribly bored. 

We've found it's easier to not get sad or bored if we don't talk about the outside world with each other. We talk about our favorite things or just debate over issues within the world, it's better that way. I'll admit, I miss my books or some of my favorite movies but talking with Shawn makes up for it. Being disconnected from the world feels amazing, yet depressing. We don't have a clue what's going outside of the walls of the hospital but being the YouTuber I was, I was constantly on social media so it's nice to be talking with someone face to face. 

I started a game in my head, I think I got Shawn in on it too. I make lists. Pointless lists or lists that I'll need once I'm awake. For example, I listed all of my favorite places in the world and Shawn listed all of his favorite sports. I start doing this when I feel like I don't have anything else to do. I make lists about books, people that I love, things I plan on doing when I get out. It takes my mind off of everything for awhile. 

Shawn and I like to ask each other questions about the world or anything, just those late night thoughts that you always get from the lack of sleep. It's funny how close we've grown over the course of just a few weeks, I've told him things that Luke probably doesn't even remember about me. Not going to lie but it feels like he might have a slight crush on me but trust me, I feel nothing towards him besides something close to brotherly-sisterly love. That's okay, right? I don't have to destroy a great friendship when there's no feelings involved, right? 

I could really go for a shower right now. I'm clean and everything, but my actual body looks disgusting. Aren't they supposed to give you a sponge bath or something? If I could smell, I'm betting that our room smells like the inside of a foot locker. My physical body doesn't look like me (or smell like me), it's like I'm a totally different person. From all the movies that are based off of something like this, my physical body looks nothing like the ones in those movies. If there was a movie based off of this whole situation, who would play me? Shawn? 

100 Days - Based off of a true story

Characters:

Rylie - Miley Cyrus (I don't even care, she's my fav) 

Shawn - Shawn Mendes (aha get it?)

Luke - Calum Hood (why not?)

Saorise - Hmmm.... I'd have to think about that one

I like it, don't you? See, this place is literally driving me insane. I need to stop, someone please come in and bash my head in. Thanks. 

I never know what to do anymore. Do you ever sleep so much that you can't fall asleep? I've been doing a lot of that recently. I'll sleep for like twelve hours and when I wake up, I can't get back to bed. Sometimes if we're lucky, one of the nice nurses will come in and flip on the TV so we're not in complete silence. They enjoy playing Grey's Anatomy and Family Guy, I don't blame them either. 

****

"What do you love about Luke?" Shawn asks as we watch the night pass us by. 

"What do you mean?" I look over at him.

"I mean, what does he do that makes you love him or why do you love him?" He faces me, his eyes filled with hope. 

"He makes me feel special, like I'm the only girl for him. He's one of those guys that isn't afraid to let the world know that I'm his girlfriend, he shows me off and brags about me. I love how I've been with him for nearly two years and he still manages to surprise me on a daily basis. He'll show up to my house out of the blue with a flower he picked from my garden, then he'll insist that we go out to eat. He won't let me change out of my sweats, he'll claim that I look absolutely gorgeous. He makes me feel so loved and warm, he gives me a fuzzy feeling every single time I look at him. I can't even begin to describe how I feel around him. All I know is that I fall in love with him every moment that I'm with him."