Day 95

Luke - 

"Are you ready to see her again?" Jai grins at me, kissing Taylor on the forehead. 

"As ready as I'll ever be." 

"What time does your plane leave?" 

"3:45, I'll need you to drive me to the airport." 

"Of cour-" The familiar ring of my phone cuts him off.

"Hello?" I answer, not knowing the number. 

"Hello, I am calling from the Saint Francis Memorial Hospital regarding the condition of a Ms. Rylie Young. Is this her boyfriend? Luke Brooks?" A female voice replies

"Uh yes, I'm her boyfriend. What's going on?" I give Jai and Taylor a worried look before stepping out onto the balcony of the hotel room. 

"I am her doctor, Allison Mendoza. Her condition is rather odd, she was doing fine yesterday morning but at 2:34, her and her roommate both went into a state of shock." 

"What do you mean shock?" 

"Rylie's lungs seem to filling up with fluids as well as something going off in the brain."

"What went off in the brain?" 

"We're in the process of figuring that out. We've been trying to contact her immediate family members but we haven't gotten anything in return, you were the first to pick up all evening. When is the soonest you can get here?" 

"I have a flight there tonight at three." I run a hand through my hair, I hear her sigh.

"That won't do, get here when you can. In the meantime, we'll find what's going on with her and Shawn. I'll call if her status changes." She says softly before hanging up. 

I turn around and reenter my room, finding my laptop and searching for flights to California. "Luke, what the hell is going on?" Jai is looking at me

"Rylie is in critical condition, I'm booking the next flight out there." I wipe the tears before they can start rolling. 

"Do they know what's going on with her?" Taylor is clutching Jai's hand. 

"Besides that she's got fluids going into her lungs and she's in a state of shock.. no. Her roommate is experiencing the same thing. They were fine this morning but at like 2:30, they both started acting up. The next flight leaves in an hour, I can make it." I purchase my ticket before grabbing all of my things. 

"You can't leave just like that, you have to tell everyone where you're going." Jai tries to stop me, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

"No, I am not waiting another second to see her and fix what is going on. You can tell them, I have a plane to catch." And with that I close the door and begin my way to the airport. 

***

"5:20 Flight departing to San Francisco is now boarding." 

I sprint to get to the gate in time, I am not missing this plane. After waiting several minutes, we finally start boarding the flight. I end up sitting next to an older lady and a boy with blasting music from his headphones. Deciding that I don't have anyone to talk to, I pull out my copy of The Fault In Our Stars and begin reading it. Don't worry, I've read this book before and having it reminds me of Rylie so I just like to reread because it's a pretty decent read. 

I plug my headphones in and listen to our playlist that I made for the two of us while I was away or while she was gone, it's basically a bunch of love songs and having long distance relationships. Not to brag but, I'm pretty romantic. 

The flight from Chicago to San Francisco takes around four hours but since I'm on a connected flight, it'll take around six and a half hours. I don't mind being in planes, Rylie always liked looking down at the people below and talk about how small we must look compared to everything else in the universe. She's a very deep thinking in case you haven't noticed. 

I hope you don't mind that I'll be talking about Rylie. I mean, I am going to see her after such a long time. I was right, I told everyone that something was going to happen to her when I'm gone on tour. Now look what happened, she's got fluids and somethings wrong with her brain. Great, just great. I swear I'm bad luck, she claimed she was but right now I think she's pretty wrong about the whole situation. Granted, she did get into a crash and put in a coma so I guess we're both pretty unlucky. 

I look out the window as we soar into the sky, watching all of the world slowly become smaller and smaller. After reading and developing a headache, I start watching one of Rylie's last YouTube videos before the accident happened. She was doing a paint war type thing with Taylor, they were wearing completely white dresses and every time they answered a question wrong, they got a color dumped on them. At the end, Rylie looked like an Easter egg while Taylor looked as if she had rolled around in the mud on a rainy day. It's one of my favorite videos of hers, besides the ones with me (of course)

I end up watching a few more videos off of her channel before taking a nap. It's been a long and rough night/day. We'll be landing at any minute and I'll see her again, she'll wake up, we're going to walk right out of the hospital and we're going to go home. 

"We will be landing at San Francisco shortly, please put on you safety belts." 

A/N: Wow, this is a really shitty chapter. I would just like to apologize on how bad and boring this is. Only a few more chapters until the grand finale! Stay tuned!