Day 21

Rylie -

I can't believe Ryan came over yesterday and saw me, he even came back again today. It felt nice to have my dad and brother see me, it's been so long since I've seen both of them. Ryan even gave me his dog tags, which are now hung around my neck.

After Ryan left today, I started talking to my body. "For the longest time, I used to hate Ryan but not because he was my brother. I hated him because he left me to join the army, we missed out on so many things together. He missed all of my soccer games, he didn't see me graduate, he missed all of my important events and I hated him for it because he's my older brother." I tell myself, letting tears fall again.

"We've spent nearly our entire lives together, right by each other's sides and he just left me alone. I wrote him a few times but he never answered, so I only saw him a few times a year. I never really mentioned him to Luke because I didn't think he really needed to know. Ryan was basically my best friend and he completely left me for the army when he was 16, it doesn't even make any sense how he got in because they need proof that he's 18. He was small, short and skinny, I don't know why he told Luke that they thought he was 18. He looked more of a 14 year old, even at 17. I guess he did something with his birth certificate or his license, but he was gone before you could even think twice about it." I say and wipe my eyes. 

Just then, I hear a familiar scream. I look up from my body and look around but find nothing. I get up and wipe my eyes before looking down the hall, a body quickly passes me in a gurney. This is so weird, I'm not used to having the hospital running around like this. It's usually just my room and then everything else is empty and silently. There's nurses and doctors running around like mad men, why is it so different from before? 

I walk down the halls and find a room with another body and nurses gathering around the bed. I slowly enter the room and walk over to see who the person was, I gasp at the sight. 

"Luke?"

What the hell is he doing in here? I lean over the doctors and nurses, looking down and reading their writing on their clipboard. Turns out he took an overdose of my sleeping pills, Jai found him lying in the bathroom half unconscious. 

After most of them leave and there's only one nurse still working on getting all of his medicine in order, then she finally exits the room. As soon as she's done, I roll up his sweatshirt sleeves and I'm not surprised by what I find. Several cuts starting from his wrist and ending around his elbow. I take a deep breath and sit down next to him, letting tears roll down my cheeks. 

"What have you done? If this is because of me, I'm going to slap you whenever I wake up. This is all my fault, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen." I start sobbing while trying to calm down but it's no use. 

After awhile, I wipe my tears and take his hand in mine before kissing his forehead. "I've been here the entire time for the past three weeks, watching over you like a guardian angel. I have so much to say, including that you don't have to be around me like a puppy. You can go out and have fun with the boys, you need to be there for the fans instead of me. I'm perfectly fine, I've been able to see my family since you left and I can't tell you how happy I've been to see them. But I'm okay with your schedule and you visiting for only an hour." I continue talking to him before just sitting there and admiring his beauty. 

Luke - 

Am I really seeing her talk to me? Why can't I talk to her? 

After she finishes telling me her story, she stops talking and just looks at me. I can feel her hand touching mine but yet, I can't do a thing. She sighs and wipes her eyes again. She leans over me and kisses my forehead. 

"You're waking up, I'll be right here. I love you so much, Luke. I'm right here. I love you." She says and then she begins to fade away before she's completely gone.