Day 11

Luke -

"Luke, you know how I hate scary movies!" Rylie pouts as I turn on Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

"Babe, it's not even that scary. I thought you said you weren't afraid of anything, live on the edge." I grin at her, she frowns even more.

"But what if I fall? Who's going to be there to catch me?" She questions me softly, looking down at the floor. I scoop her up and set her in my lap before kissing her forehead.

"Me. Don't worry about the movie, I'll protect you." I whisper into her ear, I can tell she's smiling before leaning up and kissing my cheek.

"I love you." She tells me before kissing me on the lips this time

"I love you too" I smile and we begin watching the movie.

"Today's your favorite holiday, last year we had a movie marathon together and this year we were going to go trick or treating with your brother but I guess not. I thought maybe we could watch some movies in here, see what's on the tv. Your favorite Halloween movie is Young Frankenstein, you said that it was because it's not all that scary." I talk to her as the nurse comes in and checks a few things out before writing something down on a clipboard, then heading out of the room again.

"Last Halloween, during the entire movie, you were hiding in my shirt even though it wasn't even at the scariest parts." I laugh and fix her hair before going on. "You claim that it's because you really hated the movie but I'm pretty sure it was really because you wanted to cuddle with me." I smile to myself and look up at her.

"Princess, it's not even at the scary part." I laugh at my scared girlfriend, who was cuddled into my arms. She sticks her head out and pokes her tongue out at me.

"I don't care, I hate scary movies and I'm going to hide because I don't like them. And you smell really good and you're really warm." She talks until I cut her off with a kiss, she smiles into it and pulls away before snuggling closer into my lap and wrapping her arms around my torso with her head on my chest.

"You're really cute when you're scared, you know that?" I tell her, she laughs and shakes her head.

"Shh, I'm trying to watch the movie." She tells me, I laugh lightly and go back to watching the movie with her. As I'm watching, my eyes drift off more to Rylie than anything else. She looks so excited but her eyes are filled with terror, I can't believe how lucky I am to found the girl of my dreams. 

"You should stop staring at me, you could be thinking about killing me." She says softly, I laugh again and kiss her temple before we both go back to enjoying the movie. 

"I heard that Texas Chainsaw Massacre two is on, maybe we can watch it together? You never wanted to see it after the first one, but now we can and there's nothing you can do about it." I tell her with a grin before flicking on the tv, trying to find the movie. 

Once I do find it, I get up onto her bed without touching any of the monitors and cords. I settle myself next to her and grab her favorite blanket, then taking her hand in mine. 

Rylie -

Oh dear God, why couldn't he have picked Young Frankenstein? All I want to do is cuddle next to him and cover my eyes in his cozy looking sweatshirt. But no, I just had to get in this fucking coma and I have no idea how to get out. 

Suddenly, a scary part comes on in the movie and I scream before covering my eyes. Only wanting to hold Luke's hand again, to have him squeeze it and make me feel safe. "R-Rylie?" Luke stutters, I uncover my eyes and see him freaking out while staring at me and then my hand. He gets up and let's go of my hand before exiting the room, I look at myself one last time before jogging after him. 

"Nurse!" He yells, "I need a nurse!" A small group of nurses come out from the back and follow him towards my room. "I was watching a movie with her and I was holding her hand and all of the sudden, she squeezes my hand. Does this mean she's going to wake up soon? Please tell me she's going to wake up soon, I need her." Luke begins to freak out and talk quite fast, the nurses begin checking me out to make sure everything is okay. 

"She's going to be fine, patients in comas often give back positive feedback like limb movements, skin flushes, deeper breathing or pausing in breath, sounds or mouth movements and eyelid fluttering. It usually means that they can hear and understand you, so it's like her communicating with you. You have nothing to worry about." One of the nurses that was actually paying attention to him informs him before they head back out to get back to work. 

Luke sits back down and takes my hand again. "I didn't know you could do that while you were an a coma. You did it because you were scared, weren't you? You heard a scary part in the movie and heard someone get killed, so you got scared and wanted to hold my hand. Didn't you?" He smirks, I laugh out loud and shake my head before he continues talking about finally knowing that I'm alive. 

I could wake up any day now. 

A/N - Sorry I haven't updated, I got super busy Friday with Halloween and everything so I couldn't update. Yesterday I had to go to my brother's marching band competition in Detroit and we didn't get back until like 2am, but here I am! I won't update tomorrow, sorry :( But anyway, I did this chapter off of Halloween to get into the spirit so sorry if it sucked! Love you guys!