Day 20

Beau -

After that long talk last night, I realized that Saorise was right. I was being an asshole to everyone around me because I was still hanging over the loss of Lana. I can't believe I was blind to my own actions. Her story was so close to mine, her boyfriend cheated on her and then he left. Both of us were heartbroken and destroyed, thinking that they actually loved us when it was all a lie.

I ended up spending the night, we cuddled in her sheets because she can't sleep alone anymore. She says it's too quiet, her thoughts are too loud.

I left to go work on the video with Luke and Jai before Luke gets dropped off at the hospital to visit Rylie. "Any news on her family?" I ask Jai, he shakes his head looks up from his phone.

"No, but one of the nurses told me that she's reacting to sounds and actions. You know, fluttering eyes, sighs and hand squeezing. She said that it means she's closer to waking up, they just can't predict when." He informs me, I nod and continue on watching the video.

"How's Luke? Any better?" I ask, he shrugs and looks over at our sleeping brother.

"I guess, he seems to be getting more sleep but it has to be in Rylie's bed or with something that smells like her. I know he's been eating more, he just doesn't seem all that happy. I'm really worried about him." He admits, I nod.

Luke looked peaceful for once, instead of always having a nervous look on his face. "How're things with you and Saorise? You seem to be getting along again." He smirks at me, I roll my eyes.

"Fine, pretty sure she hates me again but I can never tell how she's feeling towards me. Why're girls so confusing?" I ask, he laughs and gives me a shrug.

"While everyone around here is getting into relationships, I'm just here with my phone."

"Well since you broke up with Taylor, you haven't been around girls besides the fans. Even then, you're not like you used to be." I tell him, he just shrugs it off and continues to go down his Twitter timeline.

Luke -

I wake up and see that my brothers are gone, I enter the bathroom and look around before finding Rylie's secret stash of razor blades. I take a deep breath before pulling one out and digging it into my wrist, it hurts at first but then as I do a few more cuts, the pain goes away.

After I decided it's enough, I wrap up my arms and pull on a sweatshirt before deciding to head over to the hospital earlier than planned. I grab my car keys, phone and throw on my Bulls snapback, then head over to Rylie's hospital.

When I arrive, I'm surprised to find a man in her room. He was tall and lean, but he was sitting down and holding her hand. He was crying. This man, did not look like he was one of those guys that would cry often but there he was with tears rolling down his cheeks. Then as I get a closer look, I realize that it's more of a young adult then an older man.

I clear my throat, gaining his attention. He quickly wipes his eyes, "Y-you must be Luke, I-I'm her brother." He sniffs before standing up to shake my hand. "She probably hasn't mentioned me before, I don't blame her. I'm Ryan."

"I don't really recall her talking about you, maybe she did but I just can't remember." I admit, he nods and wipes his eyes again.

"We hardly see each other, me away a lot." He says, paying more attention to his sister as he sits down. As he sits, I hear the sound of chains. I look up and see that he has a dog tag around his neck. He notices my stares at his necklace. "Yeah, I was in the army but my four years are up until they need me again. That's why we don't see each other, she hates me for it too." He lets out a laugh before taking of the tags.

"How old are you?" I speak up after awhile.

"Just a year older than her, 20." He answers while putting his dog tags around Rylie's neck.

"Aren't you supposed to be 18 to join the army? If your four years are up, you would've been 17 when you enlisted." I figure out the problem, he nods before leaning towards me.

"It's called I lied, they thought I looked 18 so I got in." He smirks, causing me to let out an airy laugh.

"Do you know if anyone else in her family has been here lately? I sorta scared off Emma and I'm afraid she hasn't been back to visit." I ask him, he nods.

"I know our dad managed to sneak in here a few days ago, kept telling me she squeezed his hand while he was crying. Our mom lives ways away, so don't expect anything from her and Emma will be back, she always comes back." He tells me, grabbing his jacket. After he slips it on, he looks over at me. "You really love her, don't you?" I smile and nod, taking her hand. "You know, whenever I'd visit while you first started dating.. You're all she'd talk about, she wouldn't talk about her videos or anything. Just you. So, whatever you're doing, keep doing it." He smiles before pressing a kiss to her forehead, then leaving the two of us alone.