Chapter 1

Theo's POV

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I grunt as my alarm goes off. It's the first day of school. Ah, how I actually missed teaching. It feels like yesterday when I started, how excited and nervous I was. Today starts my fourth year of teaching, I don't want to brag or anything but I'm a pretty damn good teacher. When I first started I didn't think I would have a lot of students due to the fact I teach Philosophy. To be honest when I graduated with a degree in this I didn't think it would do much, but then I found out how much fun I had teaching.

I would consider myself an easy going teacher, always going with the flow. Yeah the coursework I give is hard, but that's college. There's a lot of tutors that can help the students who don't fully understand the subject. I sit up and rub my neck, I wonder what's in store for this year. I'm starting to learn what to expect each year. There's always kids who drop out the first week, then there are the kids who sleep through the whole class, and don't get me started on the kids who act like know-it-alls.

Then there are the students who all of a sudden fall in love with me. I laugh a little, okay, maybe they don't exactly fall in love with me... but they start crushing on me. Again, I don't want to sound too conceited but I'm one of the best looking professors on campus and also one of the youngest. I actually think it's funny how some students start acting all love stricken when I interact with them. It makes for hilarious conversations among the other professors, especially the ones who have the same problem as I do since we can all relate.

I don't particularly mind it though, it's nice to get reminded I'm attractive sometimes. Even though I'm in love with my girlfriend Ruth, she doesn't get jealous anymore. Wait, is it weird that she doesn't get jealous anymore? Speaking of Ruth, where is she at? When's the last time we shared a bed together? I shake my head and get out of bed, jumping in the shower to start my day. While in the shower I can't help but think about mine's and Ruth's relationship. We've been dating for a long time now, over 5 years. You would have thought we would be married by now or at least engaged... I guess I just haven't felt the urge to take it to the next level. Is that a problem? For the last month Ruth has been staying at her family house, it's not that we're having problems, it's just more comfortable that way.

Before I can come to any conclusion about the condition of our relationship I hop out the shower. Quickly dressing when I realize that I spent longer in the shower than I should have. I decide on some gray dress pants and a light blue shirt, adding a dark blue tie to complete the outfit. I put on the matching gray jacket and start shaving, don't want to start the first day of school looking like a hobo. I'll miss my beard though, maybe I'll start growing it out again during November. I heard about this Americans do called 'No Shave November', it sounds interesting so I might attempt it.

After I finish my morning bathroom stuff I go downstairs and start my coffee, I need this to survive the day. Honestly I don't know how I would function if I didn't have coffee. I'm not a morning person at all, I think today was easier for me to get up just because it is the first day of school and that's an exciting time. You never know how the year is going to start off, there's always a whole bunch of surprises. I finish my coffee and start my way out the door. Ready to start the new school year.