Chapter 28

Shailene POV

For about 30 minutes we're going over different papers for class, talking about different views of life and different lifestyles people are living. It's all quite interesting when Theo teaches me, I can get the sense of life that he's living. I'm about to go onto the next chapter when he catches me off guard, "So Daren and Ana?" I nod, "Yeah, but it's fine. I realized that I didn't love him anymore a long time ago and that we were just good friends. We didn't really do anything romantic ever since we came to college so it's like we were already broken up."

He nods, "Well he certainly moved on fast though..." I shrug, "I kind of helped him, he really does like her. Though she is stubborn and doesn't really want to be involved since he used to be with me and she's honoring girl code. Which is good since it shows she's a good friend but I actually want them to get together." He looks lost, I continue. "Well it's just that I think they would be good for each other, keep each other on track but have fun. They are like best friends and those are the best types of relationships."

He stares at me for a minute or two, even when I ask him what he's looking at he keeps looking. I can feel myself starting to blush so I look down and smile, I don't know why I'm smiling but it just comes naturally with him. I look back up and he's smiling, "So Shai, what would you consider us?" I tilt my head and feel my heart race, random time to ask this question right after I said best friends make the best types of relationships. "I would say we're friends, wouldn't you?" He nods and keeps smiling, "Yeah I would, I enjoy spending time with you. It's refreshing." I feel my smile get bigger, "It really is, I enjoy your company too."

He leans forward and looks at the door, "Though you know if the university found out we were friends it would be frowned upon." I nod, "Yet we're both still sitting here... what is the policy about professors and students." I can feel my heart skipping more, he's acknowledging we're friends and is willing to stay my friend even though the university would frown upon it. "There really isn't a policy about it, I know some other professors who are close with their students, just because they had a good connection. You can't get fired for it, they just will ask that you keep it professional in the workplace."

I lean back in my chair, "Well hopefully we can keep it professional then Theo." He smiles, "I believe that would be quite easy Miss Woodley." He winks at me and I can't help but blush, "So I'm assuming I still don't get a boost in my grade for being friends with you." He laughs, "You're never going to give up on that are you." I sit up, "It's worth a shot, bound to happen sooner or later." He shakes his head and grabs some of my notes, "What am I going to do with you?" He laughs to himself and starts going over the notes with me.

A/N; Happy New Years Eve guys! Hope you're year was fantastic and here's to an AMAZING 2016!

<4